• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -- my 127 lighter is a chromed plastic knob and it's smaller than anyother ones I've seen so it must be original ? pic to follow whenever I go get the pic machine thingy.

Now lets get to RC's use of cardboard background ... does it have to have writing on it to qualify ?

Kraig/Bryan.
Thanks. Would that be the one for,.. say the roundy fendered cubs as well? (70,71,72,73,100) ??

Here's one from a 1964 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> parts and accessories catalog.
17983.jpg

From a 1968 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> P&A catalog, same part number appears in the 1966 catalog.
17985.jpg

17986.jpg

But the 1972 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> P7A catalog lists a couple of 'em.
17987.jpg

Mine looks more like the ' 64 lighter. Notice it's not listed in the ' 72 ad. Part # that is.

Every lighter I've ever seen on an IH piece of equipment (that was "factory") is like the one Bryan has on his tractor.

I'm sure Farmall bid on a "gazillion" of them and just used them across the board. Same PN's probably show up in 66,86,and 88 series tractors, etc.

OTR trucks may have been the exception as they used an automotive style rubber/plastic "drawer-pull" type.

the 129 has the socket but the lighter is MIA ... I thought the 122 or 129 came from Somerset so I went to look ... busted my head on a sharp cornner of steel ducking under the cherry picker ... blinkslinkit if that don't hurt ! Someother cub I looked at must have came from Somerset BOE.

hey ! drop the " 1 " off that BOE number and it's my Bassmaster boat reg #

STEVE - IH had a feature in their computer system that I could check to see if other divisions used the same part numbers as FARMALL. Actually a lot of parts did cross over from Ag, Construction, into trucks. This system also told Me which parts depots had stocks of parts. Ohhhh And the Correct IH terminology is CIGAR Lighter. ;-)

This is WFM plow day & PD III PA weekend. I Hope we both have good weather. It won't be as nice as last weekend but should be a decent day in Stump Creek, PA. Any one needing information on PD III should check here. Everyone have fun and have a safe trip.

boy you can tell who post from work ... around 5pm it gets dead here

Bryan don't you have online access on a PDA so you can post while on the train ... er I forgot you like to take in the scenery ;)

Man I hate tornado weather --> be safe - be alert <--

I am going to replace the cork gasket on the transmission on my 149. Is there anything else ,other than changing the filter and fluid, that I should to while I have it out of the tractor. Thanks

I'm sorry Mr. Weaver. I went to look at a tractor for my neighbor.
wink.gif

Off to dinner. I'm glad to see and read your posts again Ken.

another catastrophic failure pic from a K301. fortunately the block survived. were flat washers AND lock washers standard fare on the rod bolts, or a PO's idea?

17992.jpg

BTW, Kevin at Prince Direct told me his complete stock (about 150) of the $85 "LVS" 2 spool joystick valves flew off the shelves in less than 2 days, he couldn't believe it. he's getting 170 more shipped in at the end of the month. after that he says he'll have a similar deal on some "LVT" joysticks, but they're internally plumbed in paralell, not series.

Bryan, doesn't that lighter vibrate off and fall on the ground? Seems like an odd location.:eek:p

Good evening Gentlemen. Could I please ask a favor of someone? I am currently replacing the motor mounts on my 1650. While reading the site one day a while ago someone posted a pic of how they linked the two steel plates together that bolt to the engine block. I believe it was Steve B.(sorry if I'm wrong). If someone would be so kind to post that again I would be in your debt!
The post I remember had dimensions on it too!
Thanks Brian,Bob,& everyone, I continue to learn more & more off the site all the time!

Latest posts

Back