• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuntington

displayname
Charlie Huntington
Just picked up a 122 - no motor, 100 in pieces, and a Haban syckle bar. Barn is getting full

My old IH Cub......

The generator won't "gen"....

The Carberator won't "carb"....

And the piston.......hell it don't work either!!!!!

Is there difference between the cam from a K301 and a K341? I have looked in the manuals I have and on Kohler web site but could not find any part numbers to compare. how important is the ACR? Can I Remove what is left of the ACR and run without it? Picture should explain more.
17944.jpg

17945.jpg

Tim K. -

I let someone else handle the details, but you need to have the PARTS manuals to see the part numbers - check the FAQ for further info on those.

Yesterday, I went to check out an "old Cub Cadet, cheap, doesn't run, been in the back yard for about seven years." He gave me a price. Okay. Maybe I can use it for parts.
Turned out to be a 149. Rust in the open gas tank, seat and air cleaner laying on the ground next to it, so the carb has been exposed. Looks like everything is there, except for the broken cigar lighter and tail light lenses and one side cover. The upper grill casting around the headlights is cracked. I don't know about the internal shape of the engine or hydraulic lift, but the oil still looks like oil, and the crank turned when I spun the starter/generator pulley.
He offered delivery, but I was afraid he might change his mind, or I'd get outbid by another guy who was coming to look at it. Right now, it's in the back of my truck. Last night, I washed off the pine needles, sap, and other crud, and shot some PB Blaster. I think that with some slow and gentle loosening, cleaning, and adjusting, I can get it running. He's supposed to bring me the deck when he finds it, and I'll pay him the rest of my offer. He thinks it was yellow.
He also took me over to look at "an older one" that his neighbor wants to sell. It turned out to be a 125 with a deck. It was parked in a shed, where it's been since the guy with the 149 started mowing the neighbor's yard several years ago, so I couldn't see it too well. He'll check for me when the neighbor gets back from vacation.
I never really meant to start a collection.

Quote of the week!

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I never really meant to start a collection.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I don't think any of us mean to but it happens, it's called "Yellow and White fever". :eek:)

Bruce - "I never really meant to start a collection"

I got news for you buddy, none of us did!
Welcome to the addiction!

Heh...I logged onto this site about 5 years ago to find out how to fix my 1450's broken lift lever and now I have 8 cubs!
hide.gif

Did I hear myself right? 8 cubs????? Sheez, I need to clean some of this stuff out!

Well, at least most of them run, which is more than "Mr. What's-his-name" can say...
roflol.gif

Uhh... Tim... I'd say you're gonna have a tough time getting part numbers for all them extra 'pieces'... Did the block survive?

Hey Bruce... congrats on the great find!

Now pull the spark plug, shoot a squirt'a oil in there, roll it over a few times to distribute it, check-see that the piston's... er... workin'...

Then reinstall plug, hook up a battery, check for spark (burnish the points if not)... then roll it over and shoot a snort'a ether in the carb-throat, see if it fires up. If it isn't rattling too bad, give it a carb rebuild and put it back to work!

Dave
The block is fine, surprisingly as many parts that were flying around in it. When I took it apart it only had about 1/4 cup of oil in it. (fault of the PO)

Tim, the cams are different. They will interchange though. The 341 cam has more duration.

Travis- You sure about that? I was thinking the 12-16 all had the same cam...but then again, you are the tripod!

Tim- Go for the cam out of the K381, 18hp single OHV, they have more duration than the 12-16 for more HP...<font size="-2">and fuel consumption</font>

I like the "didn't mean to" quotes. Here's my story: I moved to the country and had to buy something more than a push mower. I didn't want to buy new, but had no idea what I wanted. My wife says to me, "call my dad, he owned a outdoor equipment store from the 60's 'til 1989. I called him and he asked me what my thoughts were... I muttered over the phone "I like those yellow and white ones- they look neat". He laughed and said, "won't be a problem- I sold them new- they're called Cub Cadets" Now I have 2 104's, 1 128, and an original. I also never meant to start a collection.

Actually when I was about 4-5 yrs old I wanted a Wheel Horse real bad because they were red like Dad's FARMALL's. Then in the spring of 1961 the IH dealer came & dropped off this little yellow & white tractor that Mom used to mow the house yard. But Dad let Me mow the barnyard! It was just a matter of time before I got one (and now three) of My Own!
Been around a couple green ones, 110, 214, 317, wasn't impressed. If I was to buy a new garden tractor it would probably be one shade of orange, or another, or maybe a third......I saw a little 18 HP articulated McCormick last fall that was cute!

Tom H.-We're running "it" on the street tonight,we're gonna find out what "it" handles like.....
wink.gif

Who says you can't find a buyer for an IH fridge, It's goin back to Evansville In. where it was made back in 1950.
The Evansville Museum of Arts, History and Science.
17948.jpg

Latest posts

Back