• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig - thanks for posting the additional pics. Very interesting.

Ron S - yes it had been my understanding that Kohler assembled and painted the engines complete with the S/G and even the PTO when required, up until about the end of the 1x6/7 as you noted, when the S/Gs started appearing in black paint. I still wish I could have seen one new with the S/G belt painted. They obviously didn't paint over the Kohler tags so you would have thought they would have figured out how to avoid painting the belt.

John P - sounds like you have part of a Cab and a partial IH Windbreaker. If you go to the Manuals thread on the home page there is a link to a section on Cabs and Windbreakers. You can see a Deluxe Cab and IH Windbreakers that may be what you have.

Harry B.
It doesn't sound like what he has, it IS what he has.
thumbsup.gif

314152.jpg

314153.jpg

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 141
  • 314152.jpg
    314152.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 152
  • 314153.jpg
    314153.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 152
  • 314152.jpg
    314152.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 150
  • 314153.jpg
    314153.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 136
What is the best way to replace the manual pro button( fiber or bronze) on a 108-169 adjust arm? Thanks for any advice. Just removing the old one has me stumped.

Dale E.
Take a flat nose round punch and smack that little hole on the front side of the lever arm and the old one will pop right out.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 146
The metal cab parts look familiar, I have that sitting in my parents garage! Is it supposed to have soft portions like that?

Earl F - you stated "Thanks Charlie that's cool!". It does depend on the time of the year and how long you sit inside it -
biggrin.gif

Ethan - you might want to start looking for one now. I don't know how long you expect to take for Iron Patriot, but I'd guess finding the cab will take 2-3 years. They mostly get talked about and have ownership changes during late fall and early winter. It's my impression a lot of guys would like one but can't find them.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 149
Harry-having a cab like that is pie in the sky but it's nice to dream,I'm making good head way on the Patriot,I've got to coats of paint on the lower sections,(frame,fenders,engine bay)working on the wiring now I've got my order from Charlie the other day,plus other venders....sorry Charlie I'm hoping to have the Patriot ready for the end of summer early fall

hi guys i recently got a cub cadet 123 in overall good condition how ever the engine smokes and burns oill the engine has been bored 30 over what is my best option
thanks thad

Thad B.
The first thing I would do is de-carbon the head & valves and clean or replace the crankcase breather filter, and see how is looks.

had the engine open for new headgasket and the head was decarboned and valve looked good would a bad valve cause the engine to burn oil also how does one check the breather filter

Yes on the worn valves.

Take the cover off and see if it's gunked up.
The plate is right behind and below the carb.
It's held on with one nut.
It's for a little filter under the cover.
314158.jpg

ALSO, make sure that you put the breather plate back in correctly. It's got a little hole in the bottom, that goes on the bottom.
314159.jpg

Attachments

• 314159.jpg
    314159.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 314158.jpg
    314158.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 314159.jpg
    314159.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 314158.jpg
    314158.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 150
314162.jpg

Ethan this 104 and have the metal parts of the cab Charlie posted. I may be spoiled a bit! I'm still working on the 104/5 cozy cab project little by, well very little. See sandbox for other big project going on...
I want to use it with a thrower so I'm going to change from gear drive to hydro. My 100 Will still be the pusher

Attachments

• 314162.jpg
    314162.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 314162.jpg
    314162.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 174
Good morning, All. Just missed one an a half days of work from a flu bug. This crazy weather is awful. Thank goodness I was able to leave the deck on the 125 so I'm ready for the first mowing of the season.

Earl F. That cab on your 104 looks so nice for winter usage only I'd have a hard time getting in and out of an older Cub Cadet anymore with my arthritis. Maybe I need to check into one of the newer step through models.
biggrin.gif
However I'm glad that we have Ian to help out. We'll just update a Cub Cadet to keep him comfortable.

Hydro. I remember the 966 that my Mom purchased new had the belts on the engine showing red paint from the factory. And I remember the Cub Cadet belts on new Cub Cadets being painted yellow.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 149
All -

Put your seatbelts on when dozing with that non-trip blade, trust me! The scallops on the side were intended to help the blade ride over cracks and such. years ago after getting a snowblade extension like that from Madsons and trying it I went over the hood once and not appreciating that I went looking for the vastly more safe and plentiful spring trip blades for my originals. I think the spring tip one came out in '62 making the non-trip blades a collector curiosity. Anybody else here put some hours on one of those?

Does thi look like an original coil like would have been on a 104 when new?
Anyone know what the number/letter code means?
I'm hoping it will test OK.
Having 2nd thoughts on the all yellow approach.

314167.jpg

314168.jpg

314169.jpg

Attachments

• 314168.jpg
    314168.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 143
  • 314167.jpg
    314167.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 314169.jpg
    314169.jpg