• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsdeese

displayname
timothy deese
What’s the shaft called that sticks out of the reduction housing on an original?

Earl, Kirk Thanks for the info on the slime in the tire, I was leaning to the tube as well. Thanks again.

Something I forgot to mention last year. A local guy had a bunch of NOS Cub belts on Craig's List. I turned Charlie onto them. He eventually worked a deal with the guy. Charlie sent me a nice Cub t-shirt and will give me free shipping on my next order. Thanks Charlie.

Rodney,

I agree on putting tubes in.
Any kind of fluid in a tire makes a big mess if you have to take it off.
Just make sure whatever made the tire go flat is not still sticking through the tire.
I also rub my hand around inside to make sure nothing is there. A briar or thorn will make a quick hole in a tube.
thumbsup_old.gif

Has anyone here have a cross reference part number for the oil seal on an original reduction drive shaft?

About the only thing tire slime is good for is corroding your rims into oblivion. I've encountered several tire/wheel assemblies with that in them; all were pretty rusty inside, and in spite of the slime, none of them held air, either.

I replaced my ignition switch on my 127 today prior to heading to work and went to turn the key to verify it was functional and the engine turned over while the key was in the “ON” position rather than the “START” position. After turning the key further into the “START” position it fired right up.
Do you think I have a faulty switch or is this behavior possible if I had accidentally crossed the Ignition and Starter wires where they plug into the switch?

Christopher,

It sounds like you may have some wires crossed. Go back and recheck your wiring.
Roland's colored wiring diagram should help a lot.

Got some seat time in today, and I loved it!!!
Plugged the yard real good.

320188.jpg

320189.jpg

Marty, Thank you. When I get home ill take a look at it again. I probably mixed the wires up trying to get it put back together in a hurry.
That’s a beauty by the way!!

I second double checking for the cause of the air leak before installing a tube. Did that on my bicycle once, was a long 2 weeks until I had enough money to purchase another tube when I was 11. Walked everywhere I wanted to go. Funny thing was I collected several bikes and took them for scrap with Dad, but none had my wheel size!

Fabbed up a tool box for the 128.
There were already holes in the fender pan so I figured I may as well use them for something.
Pinch welder came in handy!

320192.jpg

Ethan, David Kirk and I have been diagnosing it. So far everything checks out. It starts and runs fine now. Only thing I can come up with is while I had it loaded down throwing the heavy wet snow a rock got picked up and momentarily locked up the auger nearly stalling the Kohler. Why it blew smoke and then stumbled I do not know. I'll need to do some more troubleshooting to make sure it's indeed OK. Certainly a head scratcher.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig,

Motors will do crazy things when they suddenly become bogged down.
I knew of a B&S engine (around a 8 HP) that would puke oil out of the exhaust, and die when it got hot. Once it cooled down, I would add oil back to the full mark and finish mowing.
It would not do it every time, just occasionally.

Kraig. I have a 102 with tiller that has done same thing as your 125. It has been a rock hung in the tiller both times it has done it.

Marty, Luther, thanks for the info. Would certainly be great if that's all it was. I'm hoping to get home in time this evening to fire it up and try out the QA42 on some of the remaining snow in my yard. There's a few places where there's over a foot but with the warmer temps it won't last long.

Hiya All, How do you adjust the pulleys coming off the gearbox to the side of the tiller? I put my tiller on and the pulley seems to be out further / at a slight angle than that on the gearbox. I'm kinda new to this site and I apologize if I posted in the wrong spot.

Bill, chances are that your tiller is worn so that when mounted the big pulley is at an angle. You can try tightening up all of the bolts on the mounting arms, but the holes are prolly wallowed out. I had to put bushings in my tiller to straighten it out. you can adjust pulleys by loosening set screws, but the angularity is mot likely the culprit...

Back