• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at a 3 spindle 48" mower deck with serial # 481U1111. The last #1 in the serial number has a larger #2 stamped over the top of it.

Why the stamp and is this meant for a wide frame or a narrow frame?

Thanks,

Jim

Bill B,

About the only adjustment for alignment of the rear drive belt between the gearbox pulley and the big tiller input pulley is flipping the gearbox pulley around on the shaft. You will have to see if that will improve your alignment.

The big pulley on the tiller generally has the raised hub portion directed towards to the centerline of the tiller. It has to be that direction or it will rub against the belt shield. The gearbox pulley can be either way to get the best alignment. Generally the raised hub is pointed outboard of the Cub centerline but I've seen them both ways.

Getting the pulley off the gearbox shaft can be a pain as they are generally well stuck (rusted) to the shaft. The pulleys are cast iron so you will need a puller that goes around the pulley and can apply force directly on the hub. There is at least one or maybe two set screws to remove.

If you can post some pictures of your tiller mounted on your Cub Cadet we can take a look at your setup to see if there's anything that's not correct that could be causing your misalignment.

Hey guys new member here, I have been reading for about a month though. My Uncle Davy has a Cub Cadet 169 that turns over slowly. He has replaced the battery and tried adjusting the ACR but broke the tab doing so. He replaced it with a different one but it still turns over slow. Does it probably need the s/g replaced then or is it something else? He did overhaul it recently and cleaned the ground connections at the same time. My late Grandfathers 100 does the same thing as well but i know it has a good s/g because i have to tighten the belt every year or so other wise it squeals from the torque and the belt was new 4 years ago. My 100 turns over really well and so does my 149 am I missing something or do they have that much compression. Oh and my 100 and grandpas have the large battery box style and both have a small car battery in them. anyways thanks in advance. I love this web site.
thumbsup_old.gif

Benjamin,

If it cranks, charges, and runs fine, don't worry about it. They all turn over slow. That is normal.

Also, WELCOME to the forum!
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
WELCOME.gif

Benjamin-welcome aboard,ditto as to what Marty said the only one tractor in my fleet that turns over quickly is my quiet line 1450 with the bendix starter set up both 125 and my 149 roll over slow that’s just the Characteristic of starter generators,having said that belt tension does play a roll in how well s/gs function

I am glad it has quit raining for a few days.
That can mean only one thing........more seat time!!!

320200.jpg

320201.jpg

Marty that’s one hell of nice looking garden plot and that cub ain’t to bad either...how’s your migraines with the dust and pollen???

I have oil coming out the top of my motor on my 126 with a k301 engine. I'm thinking head gasket? The spark plug looks good, not oil fouled. I put a compression gauge on it measured 40psi. I have a Kohler manual that says I cannot rely on compression gauge reading because of auto compression release. Anybody got any advise? -Thanks Pat

Back