• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig / Harry - I stand corrected , all that weight is going to break something lol. I count 14 sets of IH weights. good thing then that way over here I got 6 sets +. Dang I would like a 169 and have been looking
1AA_dance2.gif
. I have hopes but the wife is not so understanding.I`am happy that she starts cash reg work at a big store next week.
err.gif

under edit I did miss count .

I, also, stand corrected. The 169 in Ohio doesn't have a loader on it.
bottom.gif
happy.gif

I know it would Frank, and its on my top 10 list right now. I have bought PF Eng. plans and have a sheet of steel for the bucket plus a few things here and there but I am laid off right now so things are moving out, not in, the cub shed right now!

Good things come to those who wait, so I will be patient!

Randy

Randy- things will improve ! I would help you building that loader when you can.Looking back I can help anyone with a few $ savings(in the long run) expenses.Love my 129 loader and it could get local work if it`s operator and owner wants to.

Thanks Don, I am pretty handy in the building dept. but I don't know jack about hydraulics so I will be looking for help there. I know everything is in the blueprints but I also know there are probably cheaper options for those that know them.

I also like things neat and tidy, so I know I will want to use hard line to keep things looking clean.

Mine is going on a 149 and I hope to use it to recoup some of my money when its done!

Randy

Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the pics of the weights, but I gotta tell you the 1st thing that struck me is what looks like "brand spanking new 1x8/9 or QL tail lights". Geez, those are hard to come by.

Harry ; only you would be looking for new nla tail lights.

Randy- Rpm turning the pump makes much applied torque.I will fill you in . Now I know lol. But i`am real happy with the plans I got .I can offer a few easy things that will help in the maintenance area . laoders are safe when run slow; So in best opinion is a hydro tractor. And the 12 K has hp and will bury it`self to the housing in the time it takes to say 1 ,2,, 3. I have loaded 86 cal tires and a set of plastic covered cement weights that say 75lb and then IH cub weights at 25 lb. Another 185 lbs in a weight basket on the rear end.I do think back weight from the rear axle is the trick.With all that weight the 129 still spins and will bury it self so fast.I would love to try my present loader on my 1512 diesel. traction can and does not change with higher hp.

Harry,

Yes, the Red River is up to its tricks again. With the very late spring and snow again this morning, the predicted river flood level is a moving target.

I have some friends who live near the river, or at least nearer than I do, who could be in trouble if the water goes over the 39 foot level. I'll be using the 1250 Nightmare to tote sandbags from their driveway to their back yard to build a temporary sandbag levee. We will probably use the trailer that usually hauls the tractor for sandbag duty.

Don T - those tail lights are red, and you know I have an attraction to red light (districts).

Brian W - well it's not sounding good up there. Next question is - Is there a Sandbag store up there someplace? Can you buy'm by the truckload? Already filled? I have to bet that timing is everything, but you gotta know you can get what you need at the right time. Keep us posted. I wish you had a loader.

Don T.

I've got 500# on the back of my loader, 150# in wheel weights, 150# in fluid, and 200# of CI on a bracket behind the fender deck......and I could use about 200# more to make it really stable....it's just good and useable now......and that's on a SGT frame (6" longer than standard with 26" rubber)

Harry,

The way it works is that each property owner needs to prepare their area that needs to be diked, either with clay or sandbags, or both. Right now, the property owners in the distressed areas are trying as they can to remove snow from the ground, so the dike is built on solid land. The city provides filled sandbags to the areas that are distressed, and it is up to each property owner to get them stacked in an acceptable dike structure. Sandbags are delivered in roll-off boxes, and usually, if there is a group of volunteers in the area, it takes about five to ten minutes to empty a roll-off box. Engineers from the City of Fargo and the City of Moorhead help with structure design and elevations. Currently there is a sandbag filling operation going on in Fargo, and they have a goal of filling 1.5 million sandbags. Moorhead, where I live, is somewhat better off because it is naturally about five to six feet higher than Fargo, and it has about a half a million sandbags in stock from previous events. Moorhead will fill sandbags as necessary, but no filling operation has begun at this time.

As for a loader, yes, it would be nice to have one, but in this case, loaders are way too slow. The Sandbags must be placed in a certain pattern, and that needs to be done by hand. A volunteer sandbag stacking line can work way faster than a loader, even a skid steer. Beyond that, the lawns are not torn up as badly. What I need to do, if the need is there, is to haul sandbags from the street to the area along the river bank that needs to be diked. If a crew loads my 4x8 trailer with about 250-300 bags, and another crew unloads and places the bags, that cycle could take about ten minutes. It goes that fast.

This area is fortunate to have three universities and six high schools within its limits. Everyone helps who can. There is a well seasoned and centralized volunteer network to coordinate labor with need. Sandbagging is not for the faint of heart, and not for those who take life slowly. There isn't time.

Right now, my friends are alright. My home is alright, and we will be, unless the river rises to above 39 feet. With the late thaw and snow again last night, right now it is anyone's guess. I hope I don't loose my plumbing.

STEVE B. - What we need is for somebody to make a good design for a "reversed operation Loader Tractor" from a Cub Cadet. Make the rear driving wheels the frt driving wheels behind the bucket and take the weight off the frt axle and just let it steer in the back. HOUGH used to make loaders like that back in the 1940's & '50's.

Dad came REAL close to flipping the Stan-Hoist loader on the '51 M SON & I had at RPRU in Madison like that back around 1960. Every livestock farm had or really needed a loader tractor and a loader on a NFE tractor on soft ground was either stuck or about ready to get stuck. Would have ended the M's days of getting the mounted corn picker mounted on it too.

1a_scratchhead.gif
popcorn.gif
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

257379.jpg

...and I know -
worthless.gif

but spring is springing here in Northern Maine. I got a big shock this afternoon when I pushed the starter button on our ATV and IT STARTED! Now it's going to be called an alternative tractor. One thing led to another and while my roll was in the positive mode I decided to try to start Gracie (Jeanne's 125).
Gracie started right up, too! So--I hooked her up to the #1 cart, parked them on the front lawn, and hopefully will be able to post pics come daylight tomorrow of Jeanne and Gracie enjoying working together.
happy.gif

Hey Guys, just picked up a #2 cart today, needs a little help but overall good shape. What color white was used on these?

Hey, Charlie: As bad as it sucks to see the moose in snow up to its antlers and as bad as it sucks to know that when his feet are free of snow and he'll be standing in mud -- it still doesn't really suck to be us/here does it.
happy.gif

You might want to check out my latest restoration project in the restoration thread. I had to do it in three parts, not sure why.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you for helping with my project. Your expertise, know how, and patience made it all possible. Thank You!

After finishing my 1450 refurb, I have a problem. It goes very fast in forward gear but extremely slow in reverse. What could be wrong?

Norm, I believe that's a trunnion / linkage adjustment. Check the FAQ's above...

'Course I'm a gearbox kind'a guy so others that know for sure will let us know if I'm wrong...

Back