• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow Blower chute:
Now that the snow blower season is over(I think) I have a question. I would like make the adjustable defector on the end of the blower chute movable from the seat of my 129. I have a handle all I need to get is the cable that goes to the chute. Then do the installation. Has anyone done this. I normally don't need to move the defector down but next year I will have a couple of tight spots to blow.
Any comments greatly appreciated
Earl L

I am an old contributor and CC collector that due to a bad back and old age is down to a 149 and 2 129's. I plan to get rid of 2 but cannot get the generator to charge on one. How do you check as to the VR or the generator. I have done it many times but have forgotten, Many thanks.

David G.-

It's great to see you posting again. The FAQs at the top of the page may help with your question. There is a way to test the generator by grounding it temporarily but you need to know the complete procedure and I don't have that off hand.

My care package showed up yesterday> Thanks Charlie.

Installed the new PTO button, after having to pull the grille and redrill the hole in the arm. It was goobered up a bit and the new button would not fit. Got the belt installed and arm adjusted. Works perfect.

Didn't have time to mess with the brushes on the electric lift motor. That's for another day, right now racing season is almost here and I have other priorities to deal with.

Earl L use a electric window motor for the chute control. That's what the new Kubota tractor throwers use.

Another off topic Friday.
Went turkey hunting for a couple of hours this morning. Planned on plowing the garden with my 128 afterwards, but the clouds of pollen gave me a splitting migraine.
It didn't matter anyway. We have had heavy downpours and tornado warnings today. Imagine that. Only on the weekends!
a_weep.gif

Kendal:
Thanks for the comment, but I have a motor to turn the snow blower chute. What I want to do now is to make a control so I can tip the defector down on the go so I can blow the snow down for tight places.
Earl L

Earl L I think the throttle cable from a 1486 IH could work they are pretty heavy duty. They have a L shaped end on one side and the other end is threaded for a ball joint.

Back