• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Craig, I think you mean the 1963 and 1964 Parts and Accessories Catalogs.

325255.jpg

325256.jpg

Those are available as LED's now too!!!! Just put one on the back of the 656...combo red tail light and work light, but requires a 2 position switch.

325261.jpg

Watching the sun rise on a “warm” spring morning w/ the smell of 14 horse Kohler fumes in the air, Priceless!!!

happy.gif

BTW, those lights were pricey back in the early 60's........you could install them with the EQ LED's today for about the same $$$

Jason,
happy.gif

Steve, any chance you could post the source for the LED lights?
happy.gif

STEVE - I thought the 1963 price was reasonable considering the whole tractor new cost $450 to $500 depending on the deal your dealer gives you.

Dad was never real big about keeping lights working on tractors. The '51 M didn't have a single light working when it came to Wisconsin. The fuse cap on the switch box was MIA, no wire harness from the light switch to the frt headlights, and no rear light at all. Local CIH dealer had the frt light harness and fuse cap. Ordered a new white/red rear light from OEM in Chenoa. I seem to remember it was $60-$65 for just that one light! plus shipping. I know later they had a 3-light package, two head and one tail light for $100.

Not sure what happened to the PTO lever or rod. At one time that M had a Tractor Supply lever mounted under the seat with the lever right next to your left foot when in the seat. Easier to engage the PTO with the picker on. I made a longer rod, extends up almost to the back edge of the seat, engaging the PTO requires reaching about the same distance as getting your wallet out of your back pocket. I wonder why Farmall didn't make them like that?

I had a computer function when I worked at Farmall that showed every IH location that used any part number in IH's system, truck, construction, ag, everything. Showed all the plants, actual monthly usage for the past year, plus the quantity all plants had on hand, and the standard cost of that part. We normally borrowed parts from the Broadview, Ill parts depot to keep the line running if we had a supply problem, but that system also let us check other IH plants.

Well, spent Sunday getting the 149 ready for grass service. Got the blade frame off, deck slid under and went to put the belt on and hmmm, something ain't right. Ugh, the PTO button fell off the arm. Grrr. It has been loose and slipped off last year but I found it. Not so lucky this year. Had to put an order in for new ones. I got one for the 127 also since it's not looking so great either.

The electric lift I put on the 127 wasn't sounding great after sitting all winter and pulled it apart and found the brushes about worn to nothing. A new set on the way and hope to have it back up to snuff. If not, I might have to spurge for a new motor? It's a money pit, so why not?

Should be mowing by this weekend, as the big monsoon on Sunday really woke up the grass. That along with the 70* weather we've been having!! No complaints.

Charlie, all I have left is a few little snow piles that never get any sun. Hopefully we are done getting snow and can move on to only getting precipitation in the form of rain for a few months.

My #2 125 is ready to go for mowing duties as I used the ugly green thing for snow removal this year and never pulled the mower deck off the 125. I'll eventually switch the green thing over to mowing duty so I have both available. The #2 125 really needs some long overdue maintenance. I need to replace the cork gasket as it developed a leak last summer.
angry.gif
I really need to finish refurbishing the #1 125. It's been in pieces in various states of refinishing for about a decade now.
blush.gif

Charlie,

Here is a pic out my front door at 7:50 PM (EST) this evening. Notice the temperature and the large mosquito just above the thermometer!
err.gif

325269.jpg

Dang, the grass needs mowing again!

Some recent tilling video with my 73...I was finally able to begin preparing a new perennial wildflower bed for seeding this past weekend. I've had the tiller on this cub before but only briefly just to try it out...this was my first real job with it after having it painted a few years ago. I was hoping to till a bit deeper but the small (K181) engine and the ground conditions seemed to limit depth capability somewhat. Overall, though, I thought it did rather well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3n-hh3SOyc&t=20s

Steve S., nice looking 73! It appeared that you may have had some belt or PTO clutch slippage starting at the 2:23 mark in the video when you were turning at the end of the plot by the tree. I noticed that the tiller tines stopped briefly. That could be why you were having issues tilling deeper. Other than that your 73 just purred right along.

greenthumb.gif

Charlie, from the looks of your wood pile, you either had a mild winter or you have awhile to go to spring.

Richard C.
I actually have burnt about 4 cords more this year than normal. And I've got another 20 or more days left to fire it. Last year it froze pretty hard May 17th, LOL

Kraig...The belt was so loose at the beginning the tines wouldn't turn at all...it's certainly possible that it's still not tight enough. Thanks for mentioning this!

Transmission leak at bypass on a 3225. Leaking at the dsengagment valve but can't remove valve because no room between valve and housing

Latest posts

Back