• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, I've printed a few things off from eBay. Those work well because there is no defending it. I had the total up to around $15,000. If they can get it under $10,000 then it goes from a class C felony to a class D and they don't face PRISON time, just jail.

Charlie, Steve S., according to the 73, 1x6/7 Operator's Manual the battery is on the pedistal. If I owned a complete 73, 1x6/7 series tractor I might have known that. Shoot now I not only need to get a Quiet Line I need to get a 73, 1x6/7, and while I'm at it I'd better pick up a 70/100, a 71, 1x2/3, a 86, 1x8/9 and an 82 series. :eek:)

17819.jpg

Charlie, where is the battery mounted on your 147?

Travis-
Call the laywers and tell them you'll drop the dollar amount to $100 if the guys promise to show up to Plow Day tomorrow....
bash.gif
lazerburn.gif

roflol.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on April 16, 2004)

Art, I want to call them and tell them I'll take 3 of everything if they can package it up for $3000!!!!

Travis-
Is there any way you can consider the fact that you couldn't use that 982 for grass-cutting and snow-removal while it was gone?

Sure, everybody including the lawyers knows that you probably have enough equipment around there to get the job done, but certainly the loss of equipment-time could also be considered a loss also, right?

Art, when it's all over there WILL be a civil alwsuit for all kinds of stuff. Loss of income from selling the parts. I had to buy a snowplow for my truck since the 982 was gone, items that weren't recovered (including 2 of the engines, NF hyd lift, loader parts, etc).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Johnson loader with factory brackets to fit a NF Cub Cadet!!!!!

Travis, I thought any Felony would be good for the idiots that made off with your stuff. But, I agree, you need to prepare for the most.

The cops, county attourney, local Cub Cadet dealers, etc have done a lot of work. I'd just like to help all I can.

Should I leave work early so I can get more time to get loaded at home?? I can not for the life of me stay on task...........

T minus 18 hours and 30 minutes..

Tedd, I took yesterday afternoon and today off, and I'm STILL not ready!!! Course I hurt my right hand early Tues morning in a house fire :-(

Travis- you shouldn't set your house on fire before plow days- it might hurt your hand.

Oh- if you can get those three guys sent, I'll bring 'special equipment' for them to attend to whilst we plow. Of course, I'll need to bring the 10kw Onan to power the 'special equipment', and anybody got a spare hot-stick? I misplaced mine. I guarantee that they'll survive, but I'll also guarantee they'll wished they hadn't...

Steve- thanks for the tip, but now it's a moot-point... as soon as I wedged something in there and gave it a try, the shaft twisted clean-off at the lever... (sigh)...

But I can see Steve B's point about getting a WF and removing the tunnel cover... these things were definately metalwork-intensive and substantially inaccessible. Nonetheless, I'm impressed with the little duct that goes around the hydro-cooling fan.

Doesn't look like the same hydrostat unit used on the wideframes, but can't tell 'cuz it's still all loaded-full'a crud. But this engine appears to run nicely...

Dave K2, bummer! Perhaps the service manual should have been updated.
17825.jpg

And that doesn't mean to spray the battery with PB Blaster...........

Kraig -

Another example of the manual being intended for "new" tractors, not tractors that have been laying about with 30-odd years of crud on 'em...

I have a question for the elders . I'm getting ready to put the head on my k 301 for my 123 are there any studs that go in to the block or are they all cap screws. just wondering

can someone please post a pic of the 123 head gas tank mount & heat shields .... want to make sure I have everything...thanks in advance

OK, I'll bite. I figured since I had the carb off the 169 I would change the throttle shaft (it was worn so it's good that I looked). The Cub Cadet dealer and I couldn't figure out which one I needed. Some one was kind enough to post the list of part numbers, but it's the same one the CC dealer had. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Latest posts

Back