• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S.A....Have fun at Dave's plow day. I will not be in attendence due to several last minute issues at work that need to be addressed. Be safe and have fun!

I'll be slowly withdrawing from circulation for the rest of this year. Mrs Apostle. and I are awaiting the arrival of twin "tricycle motors" (as S.B. II calls them)this summer. Have a few major non-Cub projects to do.

Douglas -- weed eat the pictures , mulch up the huge white background and u'd be supprised what ya kin post ! nuther werdz , cut the pictures out of the background. I'm sure your software will do it if you take the time to find out how
happy.gif

Apostle -- sounds like you've already done yer chores ;)

Kraig admits to having jd blood in his cub and the forum goes to sawing , torching , crowbars , wedges , drilling , other words it's gone to the dawgs ! Kraig you should have kept that under yer hat
happy.gif

just my 99¢

Plowman's prayer:

I wish I may
I wish I might
Not cut hay
But plow it deep and get it right

HAVE FUN FELLERS & FELLERETTS

Ken,

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I'd be nice if you ended up with a blue tricycle and a pink tricycle, but I'm sure you'll be happy with 2 good tricycle motors!!!!!!

Glad to hear the 2x good news!!!!!

Comgrats Ken!!!

You may withdraw from circulation from here but we still know where to find you when we need your assistance.

Congrats Ken!!!

You may withdraw from circulation from here but we still know where to find you when we need your assistance.

Congrats Ken! A new 'engine' is on-order for Nick's tricycle, and it appears that we'll stop at two. Wife says I screwed myself out of a job, so I'm not sure what I'll do now... :-}

Good idea, Digger, I just sent an email to each of them. I try to do business with my local to keep him in business but sometimes he's just way out of bed on his prices.

Thanks

Thanks to you guys, I got the Starter/Generator pulley off the crank. I ended up doing what Nate told me, drilling two holes, and using the steering wheel puller. Thanks again

Has anyone tryed to adapt the CAT diesel in the new 7284 to a super garden chassis yet???

Trike motor update...I'm getting one of each (gas and diesel).....
happy.gif

Apostle -- send it down here. I had a Vega powered Moline. Got a 1/2" drill running a Payloader ... I got a good fiberglass handled ferd tool and a hot wrench and a 40 pound spool of hot melt wire !

Digger -- did you get left at home on this PD ?

KENtuckyKEN,
Yepper, You know when these PD things roll around I make so much money at'um that I figured I better stay home this time and let some one else make the big money, snicker

Give some other poor soul the chance to win a Brinly !
Time to mow the yard again ... now where did I put my Kentucky Credit Card ... I think the ol lady used it when she watered the plants.
Werkin on 'nuther blast furnace burner ---> katch ya'll laytur

Digger: I think Travis did more buying than selling this time. What a day to be out plowing.
Pictures to follow.

Just got home from PD7. Thanks to Dave and all those who made it possible. It was great to see a lot of the forum members after a long winter. The good thing is Steve B and I can do it all again next weekend.

Ken:

Congratulations, tricycle motors will fit right into a cub cadet given enough time!!!!

Dave K:

The manual's method of hydro lever adjustment leaves a lot to be desired. I usually remove the steering box also, with it out of the way there is plenty of room to get a wrench on the adjuster. If you tip the tractor over at about a 45 degree angle and support it with a jackstand under the armstrong lift the box will slide right out the bottom. The steering probably could use some adjustment while your at it. Just my .02

Dave G, Nate:

The starter pulley will usually come right off if you spray the shaft with light oil and use an air chisel with a pointed bit on the end of the crank. It will drive the engine off of the pulley, with no damage to anything.

Congrats Ken U. on the twins our twin boys are 7 now and loads of fun. first 6 months were tuff but after that its not to bad.
Hope you all had fun at plow day ,I have to get busy on something to take to Pa. plow day next week ,the 1650 still has the cab on and the 169 needs a roll pin in the lift arm (manual lift) and the 782 isn`t quite ready .

Jim C.,
thanks for the tip, if it works on steering wheels why not for the s/g pulley too.

I will second Chris's post. Had a great time at PD-7. Thanks to Dave and his family and helpers for all the hard work.

Travis did spend more than he took in. Had to pull out his check book at days end.

Don V also probably spent more than he took in.

Some real wheeling & dealing in the trenches.

The weather was great.

Again thanks to Dave and all.

Back