• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T minus 48 hours and counting, are you ready????

<font size="-2">I'm not ready, but I will be.....</font>

All I have to say on the tax thing is I'm poor. I wish I could calim my Cubs as dependants......

<font size="-2">Walking off with my pencil and tax forms mumbling about carring the one and checking off box 9e...</font>

Ken, I only use the JD Torque Guard oil because my brother is the parts manager at a JD dealership and I can get what amounts to an employee discount and that makes it very reasonably priced. It's all on the up and up because even the owner of the place gives me the discount on stuff I buy there. They also sell Arctic Cat snowmobiles and when I used to ride snowmobiles I got to know the owner and that was before my brother knew them. I need to correct a typo in my post from yesterday where I let you get a bit under my skin. That post went through many rewrites before I finally posted it and I didn't notice it until it was to late to edit. It should not have the word "household" in the post, my wife's part time income pushes the household income into the $50ks. Ooops, I never saw her W2, she does the taxes and I was thinking of my W2 as the total. To make it worse the point I was trying to make didn't really come through, (as is typical when I try to make a point). <font size="-2">Does that make me dull? Yeah, I think it does.....</font> Hang in there, it's good to have you back, and I should have reread, reread, reread and reread that last part of your post before I wrote, rewrote, rewrote and rewrote my post.

Hello, Group!

This post does not include any technical content.

Rather, I feel the need to express my gratitude & thanks to the members & moderators of this forum. The technical information traded here is very useful for the do-it-yourself-er, & IMHO, 2nd-to-none.

On a personal note, I would like to thank those that have aided me personally. I don't often have time to post, so when I do, it's usually when I am in desperate need.

Thanks goes out, by name, in no particular order to:

Travis @ CC Specialties
Scott @ Urschel's CCC
Ken @ CNGCO
DIGGER!
Kraig M.
Ryan M.
Bryan M.
Will. DeT.
Nate @ P.F. Eng.
Rob @ Houtz
Mike M.
Randy T.
Scott @ Madson's

I hope to get to know the rest of you, too! You're posts are greatly appreciated! (stepping off soapbox...)

B&B-- Sorry for long post. I hope I didn't violate any of the rules, I just wanted to show my appreciation!

Thanks,

Dan Casey in MO

Hey Dennis! Yeah, there's a fairly green-spot in town here year'round... but there's an old factory just down the street that's now used as commercial storage, but if you go in and look along the walls, you'll see pictures of big, beautiful red machines painted in about 3/4 scale, with names of the engineers, shop crews, foremen, etc. all signed around 'em.

I watched in the early '80's, with sadness, as we drove by the gates, where guys sitting in lawn-chairs with signs, heard about the battling on the news, and when it all came down to it, the unions both won, and lost. They held out 'till the company couldn't, so the company gave up and left. I know a whole lotta ex-Farmall/Case/IH guys that're now fighting to keep their retirement and pensions from getting laundered-off in sacrificial 'holding' companies. It was a tough time, and it brings a tear to my eye when I see those pictures on the wall. It was a sad ending to a great legacy. I lost lots of school classmates in that- moved away with folks taking transfers or looking for work elsewhere.

But dad isn't gonna part with his little green thing any time soon. He's decided that although the Snapper is much more nimble, the deck doesn't mow as well as the Green... and... in his words, the green 'really sucks', while the Snapper tends to clog. I doubt the 127 will ever see a bagger (and he insists on bagging clippings).

My thinkin' is that he'll use the lawn-tractor to do the lawnmowing, and the Cub Cadet to do the REAL work!

Richard C.,

A first-class installation (and a nice tractor too)! The spot you picked for module mounting is ideal in that you can see the LED easily and it's in a relatively cool location.

Thanks for posting this - much appreciated.

Hello all,
I just got a visit from the guy in the red,white,& blue truck. He brought me a new clutch plate along with an asortment of goodies for my 124 rebuild project. The old plate is a fiberous material I'm guessing is asbestos. It's pretty badly hobbed on the both sides. The 3 holes that the engine side plate goes in on are egg shaped. I figured it was time to change it. THe new one from MTD is a steel sandwich w/ what looks like semi-metalic brake material on both sides. What's the group consensus on the new .vs. old style?

DAN - The new disc is better. The metal sandwich has been around for a while. I installed Mine in about 1990 and has held up fine plowing, grading, pulling trees, etc. etc.

Swapped the tiller for the plow this afternoon. Iowa One Call had been by and made sure that it was OK to tear into the back yard. Tried out my notched coulter and it seems to cut well, now I'll just have to see how it does with trash. Got a little too deep for turf tires, would have gone deeper if I'd have had enough speed to get the furrow to roll over, but at 8-9" deep in a 15' stretch it's a little hard.
17787.jpg

17788.jpg

17789.jpg

Apparently with a little traction and not much air pressure, the Turf Masters managed to unseat themselves on the rim, tore the valve off in the process.
17791.jpg

I have a favor to ask anyone that will participate. Last Oct a bunch of my stuff got stolen including my 982, and Original, 13 fin 16hp (169 engine), Mag 18 engine, NF Hydraulic lift, new ag tires, wheel weights, and a hayrack full of other parts. The Defense attorneys say this stuff isn't worth much. I have to walk around with a camcorder at Plow Day to "verify my knowledge of Cub Cadets". If anyone is willing to go on tape and tell where they're from, bla bla, let me know. The more I can get, the better. Now back to our regularly scheduled program........

Travis-
Anything, I'll be there!

Sort of a weak argument by the attourney, if the stuff wasn't worth much, why's his <strike>crook</strike> client stealing it?

(Message edited by wcompton on April 15, 2004)

Travis,
Is it ok if we do this with a beer in our hand?
wink.gif

I'll do it!! Man I just hope this sinuse thing clears up inthe next 24....

Travis -

Hmmm - so I shouldn't wear my "digital pirate" shirt??

Geez, all the lawyer would have to do is look at ePay to figure out how "worthless" it all is. Who is this clown, a public defender?
lol.gif

Hey Travis-

Last fall, I purchased a complete 149 hydro lift kit from Rich Patton for something like $150-$175 (don't remember), but I still have the cancelled check and a photograph of the parts... everything from the hydrostat pump to the cylinder flippy-link. I'm willing to submit my check, photos, and sign a notarized affidavit stating the fact. I'll even take a deposition by phone, or swing by on my way through.

BTW... I'm related to the past president of the Iowa Bar Association, so it's likely I know the judge...

Travis if I can do any thing let me know ...Got to go to court myself the end of the month to get my unemployment from my former employer... whats 1 more case.

Wyatt, exactly what I said!!!! There was a total of 6 engines stolen, and a BUNCH of other stuff. The defense attorneys valued EVERYTHING at $3000!!!!

3K that is what the 982 is worth alone!!!!

Spot is ready for the field mostly. Still have to take off the tow ball and put on the sleeve hitch, but that will wait till tomorrow after I get the trailer out to load up. Changed the oil and topped off the water in the battery. After two years of service it was down just a little. Yes I used distilled water.
happy.gif

Changed the plug just for kicks, even though Spot is running fine. Man what the.... is this!!!
Please let me know your thoughts.

17794.jpg

17795.jpg

17796.jpg

Wyatt,

Nope, I put that plug in at the plow day at the Luckey farm......WOW that is like two years. It was the second plug that I have run, so that makes about 10 hours on the plug before it.

Travis,

Count me in. E-mail for my phone number, address, and other particulars.

Tedd,

Looks ungood. Appears to be oil but if you idled and ran light loads for several consecutive hours with a rich carb setting, that could do it too. Might try some Marvel oil in the gas and see if that helps - not too much though. Mix according to directions.

Latest posts

Back