• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkamp

displayname
Dave Kamp
Mornin' Folks!
Got a note from a gent this morning, answering my query for tractor-movin'. He's got a pair of Cubs halfway between Rockford, Ill and Madison, WI that need to go to WFM. Anyone that's coming to Prophetstown from Madison-way? If you can move 'em to P-town, I can get 'em there, and move 'em to WFM... drop me a note direct!

Other cubbin'... I did a little work on the 109's exhaust last night... I've been running the standard muffler in vertical-orientation on a short extension, and to quell the noise, I stuck about a 20' piece of EMT and a rain-cap on it. I think it had a SLIGHT effect on performance, but had a drastic effect on noise- much less poppy now. I know someone had a method of calculating effect on volumetric efficiency, but don't remember who or where... if anybody knows, let me know- I'm curious as to what the mathematics say about this configuration.

Filled the 26x12x12s for the 1872 with washer fluid yesterday...they now weigh in at 140lbs each. Don't think I will be lifting those up to put them on now!

(Message edited by rmull on April 12, 2004)

Dave, wow a 20' (foot) exhaust! Watch out for power lines. Oooooo I bet you mean't 20" (inches) didn't you. :eek:)

Hey Kraig!

No- I meant 20 meters! Yeah, just a shortie. Mebbie I'll snap a pic with Me'n Nick this afternoon...

Hey Ryan- How much fluid did it take, and what long-term effect does washer-fluid have on tire rubber? (besides no water-spots on the inside!)

Scott Tanner:
What kind and make of aerator were you using?
--Ray

Dave G.: All the Cubs turn the same direction( depends which end you look from) so any Cub Cadet starter will turn them the right direction. Other makes use the starter/generators but they all have the opposite rotation. You can change the field coils in those with the coils out of your 149 generator and have been told it is possible to rewire the fields.

Is there a member anywhere close to central NJ who would be interested in a community service project. Rewards well worth the minimal effort involved ! ! !

Must have means to transport <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet tractor safely and securely.

Contact me for details.

I do good to go to the end of the drive to get the mail ! NO ! Eyes are to bad

Dave- 23 1/2 gallons between the 2, was on sale back in December for $.79/gallon, this is the -20° stuff. (Less than $20 for 24 gallons.)

Don't know the long term effect...guess I will find out. I know that Steve B. has some tires on his tractors filled, Wyatt's 169, Travis' 1772 & 982..I am sure there are others.

Less caustic than CaCL for sure, and if it does leak out any, I don't have to worry about the dogs or cats drinking it like the anti-freeze that some people use.

I hear ya on the eye thing.

I'm just now recovering from muscle surgery of Wednesday last on my right eye. Looks and feels as if I got clobbered with a baseball bat. The vision is starting to return in that eye and therefore I get to see two of everthing. Doc says they will eventually merge. Until then it's quite a trip. Damn ! Who put that wall there ?

Still can't drive. Having to wear a patch over my right eye when outside.

Well at least you haven't reached down to pick up a set screw and picked up a wasp instead ... or have ya ? My right eye is like looking through wax paper and the head light "stars" are 5x worse than before my cataract surgery couple years ago.
You still hiding behind JD's ? Hope Brenda keeps you aimed toward the right 1 and not the false double ;)

17685.jpg

Her ya go 'Tuckey. A more up-to-date look (last summer) at

<center>
17687.jpg

<font size="+2">"A Boy and His Dog"</font></center>

This is a 1945 Ford that my Dad got during the last of WWII and my sister and I learned to drive before we ever went to school. Hand throttle, hand operated ratchet parking brake and starter "button" starting. So what if we couldn't see where we were going ??

A couple or three fencing staples behind the throttle button in second gear and we were flying ! ! !

What was your eye muscle problem , winking at to many women or did Brenda back hand you for talking about her cookin in public ?
Isn't that Lady in the pic with ya ?

Oh my gawd!!!
The Rev.... Weaver all posting on the same day and more than once......
Kewl!!
Plow!!! Plow!!!! T minus 116 hours!!

(Message edited by till on April 12, 2004)

Back