• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys im restoring my cub cadet 100 and one of the axles shafts are leaking. so i want to take it out and i cant figure out how to get the c-clips off any help would be help full

Keith and Jeff, and Kraig Oh Great One - hmmm, that e-mail message is bothering me. You're making it sound like it's coming from my e-mail address (see my profile) but I never sent either of you a message to even start a link for spam.

Kraig - you have any suggestions on this one. Do you think there is something I need to do?

I know this is off topic but two of us have recieved this email, I did not open it.

This is a PSA

[email protected] Fw: News 6:59 AM 6 KB

William: 2 flat screwdrivers and a third hand and they'll slide right forward. Then a magnet will help find them.

I've got a friend who's legally blind and he told me of a friend of his that helps him and has a crippled hand. I made the comment that a third hand can be handy and Danny said "Ya, and he's got 2 good eyes, too"!
happy.gif

That email came here, too. When someone sends just a link it's an accident waiting to happen.
sad.gif

Harry's email has Capital Letters in it.

Harry B - first thing I would think you should do, is change your e-mail password. I should think some has discovered your password.

If that don't work,you might need to change your I.D. to something like [email protected] .....

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Went to swap out the Walboro for a #26 carb, soaked the #26, carb ultra clean, but forgot to unscrew the brass thingy that sets in the extrusion centered above the float center. Put a screw driver to it and brass started flaking off - so I stopped and am soaking it in PB Blaster. Hope I don't have a paperweight on my hands. This is for the 126.

Bought a couple of tubes today for the front wheels, points and will put a new condenser on too.

Harry B - all kidding aside, I hope you get your email fixed. Don't know how long you've had that address, but I'm sure many have tried to register it only to find it's taken.

greenthumb.gif

Harry this has been happening a lot. It seems someone is getting peoples mail list and I've been getting mail from other sites as well. luckily I have Norton and its been putting this junk in my junk file so I don't accidentally open it.

William,
Find a somewhat long straight screwdriver that has a medium size tip. Put it in the vice heat the end about .75 in away from end and bend it a little past 45 degrees. Helps a lot. plus it comes in handy an a lot of other things. If your like me you probably have one in you drawer you don't care much about anyhow.

Bill QQ - ya I'm not planning to get rid of my e-mail address, I just hope someone doesn't screw it up.
On your #26, based on your description it sounds like you're trying to remove the main jet. It's inside the center stem in the middle of the float. I don't recommend attempting to remove it unless you know this carb is terrible. I'd just get some compressed air and blow the X)$# out of it. I've busted a couple of those center stem shafts off before. I know someone that heated the stem and got the jet out but I still to this day don't know why that die-cast metal didn't melt.

If by chance you're talking about the brass seat for the needle - which is offset toward the outside edge close to where the bowl mounts - it can be a bugger to but needs the correct socket. You gotta find yourself the correct 1/4" size that fits it well, and slide completely over it. Most of the cheap knock-off brands will "not" work. I think I used to actually use a Sears Craftsman deep well USA made version - but they have been disappearing (according to my son).

Harry,

Mag 20 and mag 18 are not the same engine with a different carb......that was the de-tuned 15 hp version....... the mag 20 has a longer stroke than the 18.

Does anyone know the belt size for a #2 tiller on a 129?
Thanks
Rich

Back