• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Sorry to say, but I will not be in attendance at plowday this year, due to the damage I did to my back last sunday.

The next time I decide to load anything into the back of my truck that has a motor& wheels I am removing the topper.

Rumor has it that I'll be getting this at Plow Day too.
buttrock.gif

54811.jpg

Charlie
I was looking forward to seeing everyone at plowday, thats is why I started to get ready last weekend, only to have my hopes and plans dashed in a moment of stupidity.
Oh well live and learn, and learn by others mistakes.
Theres always next year.

Micheal R.,....that guy was me,but it was in my kitchen sink in my apartment!LOL!I know personally that a Kohler 301 can be rebuilt in the kitchen;table as a work bench,sink as parts washer(hot water helps!).
beerchug.gif

Ryan, my understanding on the quantity of springs used in the PTO was relative to horsepower. 10's ans 12's used one spring, 14's used two. If your kit came with two springs I'd use them both.

I used my cub today to pull (4) 1 ton pallets of fertilizer (50#bags) around inside a barn with a wooden floor.

Of coarse I moved each one at a time. Jacked up on a pallet jack, I could not budge them by myself. I was going to have to break them down 1/2 and 1/2.

Got a short chain and pulled those SOB's into position no sweat. It was great for moving around in tight areas.

Well, I picked up the 70 tonight with the 38" deck. It needs a little work but the engine is nice & strong. The CW-36 is pretty impressive compared to the one I have right now. But the coolest thing is the Roxy 3 gang pull mowers!

What I need is any info you guys might have on these. I have no manuals, care or maintenance verbiage. They need a good sharpening & greasing & their gonna be whacking my 3.5 acres good!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this site but I've spent some time today looking thru the archives and I can see its a great place to get info on my cub cadet. I have a 123 and a 71. Yestreday, I noticed gas dripping from the bottom of the air filter of the 123. I took the air filter off and saw the gas was coming out of the air intake hole of the carburetor. Having read some of the archives here, I concluded that I'm likely a victim of a faulty float (attached to the bottom of the carburetor). So I went back out to the tractor shed and took off the metal cup that covers the float. I worked the float up and down manually to make sure it was not stuck. I then put things back together. Unfortunately, I still had the leak. I see from the archives that it could be that the cause of the problem is a hole in the float. Can anyone tell me, is there a kit that is sold that allows you to replace a faulty float mechanism?
Thanks!

John, parts are readily available for you carb. In my experience 9 times out of 10 this is caused by a bad needle jet (included in rebuild kit). Other culprits are bad or missadjusted float. See the link above (Chris Westfall), or visit your CC dealer.

Geez Charlie, you brining a semi to Iowa or what? LOL, It's sounding like you're hauling alot home with ya!

Just so you all know I am not wimping out on plowday because of predicted bad weather I thought I would let you all know just what kind of pain killer the doctor prescribed for me due to me crushing my back last sunday.
Brand name: Roxicet / Oxycodone 5mg& Acetaminophen 325mg.
Take 1 pill every 6 to 8 hours as needed for pain.
Plus 1000mg Bayer asprin every 8 hours to relive swelling. Along with a reduction in my daily intake of warfarin(blodd thinner) to 5mg daily(normaly 10mg) so I do not bleed to easly if I happen to cut myself while taking the asprin.

Brian,
Nice set of gang mowers, you getting ready to make you lawn as smooth as a golf corse?

This might be a good year to have a snow plowing sesion too. Most of us northern boys are well in practice.
roflol.gif

John P: Remove the carb from the tractor. Then take out the hinge pin and remove the float. Make sure the needle valve stays put. Shake the float. If it sloshes, its leaking. Replace it. If not, replace the float into the carb body , insert the hinge pin, and and with needle valve in place, turn the carb upside down. Holding it perfectly horizontal - is the float also horizontally level. If not adjust the tang that touches the needle valve...DO NOT put pressure on the float itself because you will deform the hinge and it surely will be out of adjustment. It's possible that the needle valve needs replacing so bad that the float cannot raise enough to cut off fuel flow. Buy your self a Kohler 25-757-01 Carburetor Kit. It contains most all you will need for a routine rebuild. Floats (if needed) are available but come separately. Both the Carb kit and the float kit comes with a new hinge pin. Always replace the hinge pin with a new one, along with the needle valve, needle valve seat, and gaskets. Make sure that the rubber ring slot in the carb base is clean and the new rubber ring fits in the slot completely on reassembly. The main gasket then covers it up....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Jon N.,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

I don't have a kit, as I'm simply using better-but-not-new parts in the re-furbishing of the PTO clutch.
Since this is for my 127 with a 12HP K301, I guess I'll only install one spring.....Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back