• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
a_blink2.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Brian J.
Beautiful picture of the best looking design series that IHC ever built!
angel.gif
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

AH!

325185.jpg

Slant Tongue.gif

Brian is correct 8/9 series!, and then there was a resurgence and the 82 series came out.......Oh Yeah!!!!!

I have a question, I have inherited my mother-in-laws Cub Cadet LT 1040 CVT drive. I have mowed with it several times but now it is making a grinding noise and while mowing it stopped going in forward. The reverse works but you can put it into forward but it will not move just grinds. Any help is appreciated. Is this a hard fix ? I am not real fond of this mower and I only use it at one place for around barns and cattle pen.

Rodney.... Not an IHC product (after MTD purchase) - you'll probably have more luck in the "CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment" topic Here..
thumbsup.gif

BTW - Check this YT video YT video

Sorry Charlie for the OT, I gotta run and wanted Rodney to see this video..

Gerry, thank you for the video, it is exactly what I needed. Yep, MTD took good products and made them less than desirable. I suspected it was something like that. I am not in any hurry so I will tackle it later. Thanks again.

I picked up the head and gasket for the 1650 today. I will try to get it running this weekend. I also found out that the OEM .010" oversized rod for a K301 is no longer available except for after market. Not sure I want to go that route but may have to.

Dodged a bullet with the storm here. About 2" on the grass and a crusty slush on the driveway and walk this morning. Snow on the grass has remained but the rest has been rained away.

Hoping everyone else made out ok.

Brian

I got maybe 6" of very wet snow. It's already melting down as it started raining overnight. The wind gusts were really blowing though, small branches, bud sheaths and pine needles are littered all over the snow covered yard.

Off Topic Friday

325218.jpg

325219.jpg

Does anyone know what this sleeve hitch belongs to? I was told its a Sears, but can't find anything on the internet. If it's home made, someone did a really good job.

Anyone know for sure and what model or series it belongs too?

Question guys:
I’m in the process of mounting my Grote taillight on my Original, where does it mount? Side of rear fender or base ( below seat)?

Back