• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin, I've seen the tail lamp mounted a few different ways. The installation instructions states to use the left hand rear seat spring mounting plate bolt. But that's if there are no fenders.

325241.jpg

Here's how I prefer to mount it so that there's no need to drill holes.

325242.jpg

Kraig,
Great post. I’ve seen a few pics with the taillight mounted on both fender and seat base. Just trying to figure out which is correct, with fenders. Again, thank you and Digger for what you do, even though you are an instigator. LOL

More than two years ago I purchased a 1450 from a friend that said the engine was overheating. He sold the tractor, deck, and blade to me for a good price. I thought it was probably blocked fins or timing or something simple. Well I never did figure out the overheating issue, but I did come across a replacement engine for less than a rebuild would cost. I swapped engines. After some adjustments and carb cleaning the replacement engine fired right up. I still need to do some tuneup work as it doesn’t idle like it should. This is my first wide frame after several narrow frames. I must say there is much less vibration and noise than the narrow frames. My wife may quite nagging about a new rider after using the 1450 a few times.

Justin,

Or you could upgrade to an official IH rear light with the red jewel light inside!
err.gif

Notice the black knob for the red jewel light at the top of the rear light.

325247.jpg

325248.jpg

No problem concerning where to mount the IHC base either!

325249.jpg

Marty,
Wow! That is awesome! Where did you find that? Was that an option for the Original? That is neat though..

Justin,

The original owner of this cub worked at an IH dealership. I think it was just an option for IH tractors back then. He just put one on the O.
However,the cub cadet was an IH tractor too, so I guess it could have been an option for them too.

Justin and Marty

There was an early options brochure, small size, that showed that rear full size light as an option for the Original, before the later plastic lens "grote" light was available.
Kraig -
"special duty equipment SDE?"

Back