• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike C - hey the top side of that $195 deck does look better but can't say much else. It has the older tubular runners and the flat style on the other one are better. The under side is clean but that's about it. The W grass guide looks to have been fixed at some point but the biggest bother is where I think I see pitting all along the front right where the top rolls over the face. Probably alot of good steel still in this deck but I'd want to put it thru a good restoration before I put it in service - you don't want that pitting getting any worse. Oh, and the belt is off the pulleys so you can really check the spindles. Good luck and let us know what you do.

My goodness Harry, a full restoration before use?

Your acting like he should be able to find a NOS deck for $50 in NY of all places!

You need to remember that most of us don't care to have a 100 PT trailer queen like you have. Go easy on the guy, man between this and those stupid head bolts/studs you have expected absolute perfection lately. I'm getting burned out just thinking of the hobby that way.

Get a clean deck for whatever you feel is reasonable for your area, slide it on the tractor and get some cub time... Geez.

Nic - hey you're probably right, although I didn't say a "full" restoration, I said a "good" restoration. Maybe I did over-do my suggestions. It's probably just me. It wouldn't matter if I spent $50 or $250 on a deck I'd want to go right thru it to make sure everything was good and I hopefully wouldn't have to worry about a breakdown for 10+ years - but on the other hand, if my grass needed cutting and my original deck was broken I'd install and use the replacement until I had my original deck all fixed up. AND then do the restoration on my new purchase.

And as for head bolts and studs, what about the nuts? I had hoped we'd get back to talking about the nuts on here. Thanks for putting my name in high-lights.

David, you just stay put right here with your 126

Hey All! In regards to my IH Cub Cadet 1450,...the Kohler K321AQS had been making a noticeable sound of speeding up and slowing down. A while back, one of our members had posted information on resetting the governor. I had followed those procedures, and started my tractor. As of yet, there is no engine speed increases or decreases!

I say "as of yet" because I was having a tuff time holding the bolt head, and tightening the fastener all the while holding back counter clock- the governor shaft thus holding to open position the governor "L" shaped arm, Ha! If this adjustment fails, I can ask the wife for a third hand.

Well, it has been raining here, and might continue through the weekend. No chance of taking the 1450 out for spring work!

Have a good day guys!

John, A couple of big rubber bands work wonders with Gov adjustments.
One on the arm it self and one on a small vice grip clamped on the shaft, stretch em both forward to a couple wire scraps hooked around some convenient place

John C. Lazar

Snap a pair of vice grips on the end of the shaft and hang them to so there weight puts the correct pressure on the governor. I find it works out good for me.

On the mower deck. I agree with the price thing. Some areas someone can't give the deck away and another area they go for a good price. I'd be looking at the condition of the spindles since they are very pricey to replace. And I figure it as such. I pay for the spindles and get a good deck. I have a pretty decent 38"C deck without the guide wheels that I'll be putting up for sale. Real nice spindles and no holes in the deck with almost new blades. I know that I'm going to be firm on my price when I sell it and it sure won't be for $50.00. Spindles alone are worth more than $50.00. $150 to $200 for a good useable deck...go for it. Shipping alone kills most things.
happy.gif

Marlin...I agree with you. Condition and location. In my area everybody wants top dollar and then some no matter the condition. A year or more later it's still for sale. I guess it's like anything else, if you "need" it and you feel it's a fair price then go for it'

Hi - I'd like to get some help here. I took my Cub 100 apart to rebuild the engine, now I can't get the throttle linkage etc connected properly so it idles nice and doesn't overspeed.

Here are some photos. Also, what's the part number of the spring under the throttle lever near the carb. Seems that part is missing too.

Thanks

David

295544.jpg

295545.jpg

David I would start with the carb hook up, the arm should be on top, it is upside down and backwards.

295549.jpg

Update on the 122 axle situation: Managed to get the pin out of the axle by use of

1. Medium-sized Arbor Press
2. 4 lb sledge
3. Oxy-Acetylene Torch with Rosebud tip

The pin fought to stay in the axle till the last 1/4 inch.
smile.gif

295559.jpg

295560.jpg

295561.jpg

(Not the first time it has felt the effect of a "Swing Arm Press")

295562.jpg

(Hotter than propane or MAP gas)

Note: I wish I had some action shots; at one point there were three people working to get the stubborn pin out.
happy.gif

Jeremiah C.
I guess we forgot to tellya to drill a pilot hole before you tried to bang it out, sorry bout that.

SPRAY BOOTH
Sorry Guy's I can't figure out how to post the Pix, It keeps telling me they are too large, and I have no idea how to make them smaller!

harry, this is my original(1973) deck on my 109...you can see why i'm looking for a replacement...but notice no grease fitting on idler bushing bolt. was that a late modification? btw...still looking and getting this stripped and ready to do some welding. thanks for the advice from the forum community, i've learned a lot from this site and will keep updated when this project is complete.

295578.jpg

Mike C.

The older version (2) deck (round skid bars) had spindles that were somewhat re-buildable. The upper and lower bearings can be replaced at a reasonable cost. The spindles in the deck you have are the pricey one piece units.

I rebuilt a 42" a few years ago using parts from version 2 and 3 decks, your deck would be a version 3.

Not sure I would be spending any time repairing a deck shell that is that far gone. There is rust holes in some key support areas.

Jim

Latest posts

Back