• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
KRAIG - Yes, "Had", as in past tense, think Charlie said the fire was pretty hard on them.

Really sad, I had the M&W brochure for the 9-spd, the 4-page version that also had the frt mounted brush mower. I really liked the idea of a 10 MPH gear in a CC.

Harry,

I'm just trying to correct an error so someone doesn't buy a part they don't need when installing a 3 point on a 73.

Paul - yes and I thank you very much for pointing that out. It not only helps them but helps me. I've actually been trying to sell a 3-point and had a few contacts from people with 1x6/7 series tractors (not 73 tho).

Frank C - you know I have to re-learn stuff I forgot. That's why I try to check on here every day. Sometimes I think I learned something new only to realize later I knew it but forgot it. But then I usually forget it again, and then remember I forgot it once before and remember it again, and then I get all confused and don't know if it really was new or something I forgot. Isn't it time for you to plant some spuds?

Tks terry, not really looking for 9 speed, was just hoping regular creeper would work. I got my 125 set up for mowing, so been thinking about building a tiller tractor, thinking creeper would be good.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a #40 decal for my #40 IH box blade? got the end IH decals and International decal coming. or really good pics with dimensions?

Took a short drive to meet Vince T. tonight and traded a 1250 and deck for this and a 3 point hitch. Also bought a nice 54 inch blade and another 3 point hitch from him as well. It was very nice to meet both Vince and his father and I hope to meet up with them again someday. Thank you Vince!
285304.jpg

285305.jpg

Ryan - you know I can't quite make out what it is you scored there. You got that shredder in the way and I can't see the emblems on the wheels.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ryan, nice to meet up with you too! Hopefully my new 1250 makes it to my place soon. Meaning its still in the bed of my dad's truck. Seems he might be wanting to keep it.

Harry - those wheels are Polished Aluminum (bling bling) wheels on a maroon Pontiac G6 GT. My wife had one just like it, same color, same wheels, fun car. I'm happy to say I never got a ticket driving it, the thing was way too fast!

Ryan - if that was a "short" drive to meet Vincent then you should'a kept on going and just stopped in at Charlie's place. I'll bet you might find some "hot" items, but last I heard Charlie was over in Mexico, MO doing something.

Vincent - if my 1250 was in my Dad's pickup bed overnight I would know it wasn't coming home to my place. You better get hold of Ryan to see if he has another one.

I don't know what's going on up in you guys neck of the woods. You're supposed to be swapping stories about when you get older you're gonna be swappin tractors. Only us old timers really get to do that. Dang, a 54" blade. Ain't seen or heard of one for some time. Took me 10 years to find the one I used to have.

Welcome back Charlie.Is CCSpecialites still closed? I can't get on to look around.

That 54" blade was nice to look at and when the snow was light and fluffy it got the job done rather quickly. The 3-4" of heavy wet slushy snow I got last Friday was horrible to plow with it. I was amazed the difference that extra foot made versus the 42" blade I've been using. I figure I have 2 42" blades, an off brand blade, plus a 42" on my Arctic Cat so I could let this 54 go to a nice new owner.

Here's a couple pics of the new-to-me (or my Dads...) 1250.

It appears to be a later model with an aluminum lower grill, auto release hydro valves, but 3/4" spindles. I might have to put that nice seat up for sale. The last pic show an interesting bracket on the muffler shroud, I don't know what it's for.

285316.jpg

285317.jpg

285318.jpg

285319.jpg

285320.jpg

Hey Charlie - that's a funny one. I'll bet that's a painting on the wall that you see when you open the curtains in your room.

Vincent - I think you needed a little more "ommp" for your 54 blade. What were you using it on? I do agree that extra 12" really requires extra power over a 42".
I see that bracket you mentioned. I'll bet it's keeping a surprise hidden in your muffler box. I also noticed the straps on your gas tank appear to be broke and it's a pain in the tookus to repair them the way they tacked them to the firewall brace. One thing that REALLY surprised me is that you still have the all important rubber grommet around the spark plug. Charlie was supposed to have a couple gross of these hidden some place in one of his semi-trailers. The seal the tin cover over the head so the air flow doesn't leak out and reduce the cooling. 9 out of 10 QL units I see are missing this grommet and it's NLA as far as I know. Nice to see it still in place on your unit.

Harry, I had to improvise. Its not oem but it works. I forget what kind of car it came off of now.

285324.jpg

Vince, that's all I have is a 54" and it does move the front of the tractor sideways sometimes so I found a cast iron lower grill housing. Putting a little weight up front helps a lot. Although you could get enough $$$ out of that 54" to buy another tractor.

Harry - I used my other 1250 to push this 54" plow - trust me it had plenty of "ommp", traction was the problem. It has fluid filled 10.5 turf tires with 50 pounds of IH weights, and chains. I'm sure I left some scratches on my asphalt driveway.

I'm sure 10-32x1/2" machine screws with 10-32 nylon insert locknuts will take care of the baffle bracket problem on this new 1250.

Keith - Last night I opened a box with 3 belts inside, my dad says thank you. My 1250, or my other 1250, or my 1650, or my 1000 might look like your motor some day, hopefully. Very nice job on that.

Vince, that's all I have is a 54" and it does move the front of the tractor sideways sometimes so I found a cast iron lower grill housing. Putting a little weight up front helps a lot. Although you could get enough $$$ out of that 54" to buy another tractor.

What happened, did my finger twitch? How did I post the same thing twice? Vincent, I think all your tractor are awesome. Maybe some day I'll have more than one to play with. One of these days I'm going to find me a gear drive.

Keith O - your replacement grommet looks good to me. And I see your gas tank is nice an snug up against that firewall brace. Vincent will have to work his over so his tank doesn't go vibrating and sliding around. But heck, ain't no fun if you don't have to put some work into'em.

Vincent - hey you just gotta back it up and give that 54 a runnin' start. That's why they call it a "bull dozer blade".

Back