• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,

After giving them 60 years, they ought to give him the fork truck!

Does the 582 & 582 Special have the same rear end as a 682/782? Could you install a hydro in it?

Norm B

NO!

The 582 has the IH 3 speed rearend.

The 582 special has a 4 speed pearless rearend.

You can replace either rearend with a hydro if you have enough of the right parts needed to to the convertion.

Kraig M,
I was unable to open the wiring diagram for the "O" w/electric start that Roland created? How do I get this GREAT info? Thanks for your continued support!
Thanks Paul

Paul W Andrews

I would just right click on the picture and save as from the list of options.
223726.jpg

TOM - The JD Commons is right downtown in Moline, just west of the I-74 Twin Bridges, right across from "The Mark Civic Center". I figured all tours would end there so you can buy caps, jackets, t-shirts, models, etc. They have an outdoor display of some equipment, gift shop of course, and a recreation of a 1950's JD dealer. And a lot of places to "buy refreshments" for the trip home.
beerchug.gif
A lot of the stuff from the entry pavillion out at Corp. HQ on JD Road was moved there.

Same here, no green/yellow around here either, but I do have a 1/32nd scale replica of a 872G road grader in IH 483B Yellow. I won't mention how I aquired that.

NORM B. - What the article didn't say was how OLD the guy's fork truck was. If I had to guess, I'd guess 15-20 yrs. IH Melrose was an INTERESTING plant. One side of the main aisle was 6-cyl. engine production, last 30 yrs was All diesel, D312/360, 414, 436, 466, 530, 570 CID. The other side of the aisle was ALL crawler tractor production. Not sure about now but back in the 1980's one side of the aisle was Navistar (engines) and the other side was DRESSER Industries (crawlers). If WYATT C. drops in he has more current info since he worked at another Dresser plant about 6-8 yrs ago. I "THINK" crawler production may have been moved up to Libertyville but not positive. Melrose also does ALL IH engine design and testing. One of SON's old college buddy's works in the dyno lab there. Some of the things IH did to test the VT365 or 6.4L Ford PSD's was CRAZY.

Dennis,
Not sure if <u>all</u> crawler productiion was move to Libertyville(old Frank Hough plant) but they cranked out a s--t load of those junkers from there.
I went to one of the last auctions of the Libertyville Plant looking for some signs of "Old IH". I saw some things and took some pix, now where did I put them??

TOM - Years ago I used to get up around Libertyville occasionally, mostly when I was driving O-t-R. I did actually deliver four cast steel front axle I-beams for something Dresser made there in about '88 or '89. HOT day in July or August, four 250# castings about five feet long in the back of a '79 F-100, 300-6 & 3-on-the-tree. Not even a radio to listen too.

I used to pick up loads of engines @ Melrose occasionally for delivery to FARMALL. They shipped on wide steel racks, three engines per rack, and nine racks per 45 ft trailer, 27 engines per load. PLENTY enough weight to make you GOOD and over-loaded especially when IL was still 73,280# gross on a 5-axle semi.

CHARLIE - But the driveway JUST dried off from the rain last night.

Well, I guess I can go get my inner tube for #1 snow mover. After this weekend I'll only have ONE tire left on the place with fluid. And if the effort goes well I may re-tube that one next weekend!

What's the front accessory that hauls bales and other "small" stuff?? Gard-N-Haul runs in my head but can't find in search.

What is its capacity? Rough price guess if available.

I have a 169 & am looking for light duty lifting so no need for a loader.

Tom "H", (Hmmm that sound familiar)
The Guard-n-Haul or whatevr the name is doen't not lift things, only carries stuff. Never seen one on a 1X8-9 series. Cart or trailer might cheaper.

I am repairing the drive shaft on my 123, and I need to know the specs of the pin at the front of the drive shaft that seats into the coupler bolted to the drive cup is it 1/4"D like the spirol pins on a gear drive, or bigger? If someone could e-mail me the specs(D, and length) I'd appreciate it I will have a friend at work weld it up turn the drive shaft back to true and re-drill the hole. TIA

Dennis,

There was a superintendent that retired where I retired from. He had such a large area to cover that he always rode a bicycle from one unit to another, every day, all day. Besides giving him the regular gifts at his retirement party, they gave him the bicycle. Not exactly “on topic”, so I’ll mention “582”.

So the Gaurd-n-Haul (or whatever) only mounts on narrow frames?

Andrew Donahue ... So lets get this straight.. You "are going to buy a 149" but you've already started building a deck to go on the future tractor??? Not saying that it's wrong for you to put the cart before the horse but unusual. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

In searching for gaurd I found an old threat to Kraig regarding washing his mouth out with Hy-Gaurd.

Is that the Deere old relative of HyTran? Are they interchangeable/mixable (God forbid!!!)?

Hoping I still get to keep my Forum membership after this.

I have a charging question on my 129 with the new voltage regulator it appears to be charging about 18-19 volts is it possible that the battery is very low. the battery shows about 13.6v on my tester which i thought was good. any thoughts or ideas
thanks
josh

Back