• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 03, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan's on to something- what you do is chuck your grade-8 bolt in the drill press, and use a 4" angle grinder to put the right taper in it. Make an angling template, mount it on the press table, and follow it really carefully with the grinder... in a pinch, I'd do it... but I wouldn't do a whole set of five... mebbie one or two...

Of course, it's at your own risk... I don't know you!

DK :)

Matthew M.
If you have sensitive ears,
17473.jpg

Can anybody out there tell me the best way to move a non running IH 782? Got all worried when I saw the sticker on side of tractor that warned of moving it may due damage to transmission. Had a buddy that gave it to me.It is in his backyard and we will need to push it at least 10 feet to get it in position to load. Should I purchase some roller dollies or not worry about it??
Thanks
Terry

Thanks for the advise Bryan!
T-

(Message edited by tgeirnaeirt on April 05, 2004)

Dave Kamp -

4" angle grinder???

Apparently you don't know Dan H...
lol.gif

Terry G. -

10' should be fine, just make sure you push it under human power - don't try to tow it any faster...

Bryan-
I bet Dan doesn't even own a 4" angle-grinder!

Terry G-
Or you could do what Charlie does when he runs out of gas which is to have his wife tow him back home with the Tahoe at 20mph!
roflol.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on April 05, 2004)

Kraig, Art - Yes Dan does have several 4-1/2" angle grinders. Bryan - I'm surprised Dan didn't just whip them up from hex bar stock.
thumbsup.gif

My remedy for needing to move around a hydro - I made a shaft and coupler up that I put on the hydro shaft and run it with a drill ... just a thought.

Matthew, Calvin-
Kohler did make a "Noise Supression Kit" that had a muffler quite similar to a 169's. Have you tried something simple like just getting a sort of extension or turn-down to blast the sound foreward?

Matthew/Calvin -

Hmm, I'm stumped. My 129 was the quietest Cub Cadet that I owned. With the normal, stock muffler on it, too.

By extension, the 12HP in my 100 is very quiet, too.

You sure it's not a sympathetic vibration somewhere that's making the noise?

Oh, and I never run these tractors for extended periods without SOME form of hearing protection.

Hey Bryan- hee hee... I picked 4" 'cause it handles well around the drill's chuck, but hey... if he wants to use a 10 or 7, that's okay... or a bench grinder carefully held sideways... or a chunk'a stone from the rock-garden... that's all cool... use what'cha got :-}

I'm REEELY looking forward to meeting a bunch'a these folks between Prophetstown and WFM... hopefully we'll have weather at those two events like the weather I had here today!

Bryan, If I had ear protection, then this would be the quietest cc I ever owned too!!

Dave Kamp -

Have you ever actually seen anything that Dan's made? Definitely not a "lathe and angle grinder" kinda guy...

<font size="-2">Newbies have NO respect for the "masters"
lol.gif
</font>

Made a run to Missouri and back for Airstream parts, but I did keep my eyes open for Cub's.
happy.gif
Did find one Cub....
17482.jpg

I followed it for a few miles....
Also found a cool Scout,
17483.jpg

17484.jpg

had a neat decal I have not seen before.

Latest posts

Back