• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Everybody! I'm working on a bracket, and I need a dimension- what's the distance between the inner and outer bracket here;
17401.jpg

Kraig- Yes- that's me, and neither of those pictures are very recent... probably vintage 1992ish... long before I was married. Somewhere I have pictures of my bands doing opening acts for big-names- I did quite a bit of that between 1990 and 1995, and didn't get back to it until recently. One of these days I'll have more recent photos, as I'm now in a 13-piece group- we've got a full horns section. 8 of our members are music directors from local high-schools, and the remainder are bankers, doctors, engineers, and me.

Robert Reed
I hate to jump in here since I'm not an engineer and not sure what you are refering to but if it is a Cub Hydro the flat side of the charge pump is on the Right side facing forward. If your refering to some other pump please forgive me.

17403.jpg

Doc,

Richard is 100% correct...right side (same side as lift lever).

a tire question:

for the front tires on my 169, should i go with the carlisle turf trac

17407.gif

or the carlisle turf master

17408.gif

or another particular style / brand? any thoughts?

(Message edited by nfisher on April 02, 2004)

i should probably add that it will be used mostly for mowing and snow throwing.

Titan Multi-Trac CS....very similar to the lower picture you have, but with deeper siping.

Kraig...A 129 with mower,hydraulic lift and lights and a 104 with hydraulic lift and creeper.
Dean

Dean, sure you would pick the two series I don't have good pricing for! This is as close as I can get. :eek:)

A 1250 was $2069, a 44" mower deck was $322, hydraulic lift was $180 and no good estimate on the lights.

A 102 was $845 plus another $45 for the creeper, the hydraulic lift was $93.37.

I hope this is close enough for you. Perhaps someone out there has the exact numbers for you. I have pricing for the Original, 70/100, 71,1x2/3 series (excluding the 123) The Quiet Line series and the 82 series. Or if you prefer pricing for 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1975, 1976 and 1981.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on April 02, 2004)

Another satisfied customer! Thanks, Cap'n Kirk!!

17413.jpg

You can barely see the LED peeking out from behind the extension panel on the 169. Final wire routing wasn't completed yet.

17414.jpg

Everything neatly installed on the 1450.

Hmm, now WTH am I gonna do with all these condensers???
lol.gif

Dave:

The measurement on my 129 with similar brackets is just shy of 5/8". I had an implement mounted so it was a little hard to measure but that is what it appears to be.

Finally got my Horizontal/vertical mill today. Moving it will be fun. Also am going to change the 220 3ph motors and put 220 single phase on. Takes two.

Even got a bunch of tooling with it.

It joins my lathe, cylinder boring bar, valve grinding setup, drill press and 5 welders. Garage is busting at the seams.

(Message edited by fmorski on April 02, 2004)

Hey Bryan-
While you're digging in, could you snap a shot of how the coil's supposed to be mounted on the other side?

Nate-
I've got Turf Masters on my 169, they do quite well. Can't speak for them on snow, I use tri-ribs in the snow. I'd think they'd do fine if you tweak the air pressure.

And if you're looking for rear tires too, the Turf Master 24x12.00-12's clear nicely, tight, but nicely, and they clear the wheels on my 44GT deck too.

Nate-
Turf Masters on my 169, 12" wide in back, 7.5" wide in front. For me, they're more for floatation than anything. The rears grip very well, plowed a couple gardens last fall, no ballast at all.
17418.jpg

Hey Kraig! How much was a 782 and a 782D?? If you don't have the info it's O.K. this time....
wink.gif

Tedd,

I'll wave for sure. Lunch would have to be Sat. and with a kid or two. I still haven't done anything with those chains I got from you, but I feel better knowing they are in my garage.

126 is just now running thanks in part to a PointsSaver and a new crank (ouch). Yes its been apart over a year. I hope I can remember how the armstrong lift goes back together.

Good Cubbin

Nate,

I run those Multi-Trac's on my 149 and 169...both pull snow duty and the tires work well.....much better than the old "baldie" 6 ribs.

They also hold the front end up on my ditch banks well......6 ribs just slide right off.

What we REALLY need for these machines is a 16x6.50 in a heavy 4 rib design, like you find on the front of the 100-170hp 2wd farm tractors. Like a tri-rib on steroids!!!!!

If you had to pick between the two you originally posted, I would go with the bottom ones like Wyatts......the top design has not impressed me (dad has a set).

Well, it looks like I've expanded my xx9 collection to include a 128!!!! The one CCC had listed just kept calling my name. Of course I might have to install the fresh 14hp I have sitting in the shed in it, and I'll have to mount up that extra set of 10.50 Tru-Powers too!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

...xx8/9, my vote for the best "working tractor" series of Cub Cadets that IH ever produced!!!!!

Kinda' quiet on the PD page. Who's goting to Prophetstown? Post over there.

Latest posts

Back