• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Anybody with bad Arthritis?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
I’ve had arthritis for years and the older I get the worse it bothers me. I use more Aleve and high dosages of Ibuprofen than I probably should.

For relief I have tried many different creams and liquids. I use Traumeel, Flexall, Fortex, heat pads, ice packs. Sometimes I get relief and sometimes nothing seems to help.

My brother had prostate cancer that spread throughout his body and having nothing to lose he tried Canabas and that saved his life. He recommended I try CBD OIL or CBD SALVE. The CBD is made from HEMP, which does not have THC like the MARIJUANA plant so you don’t have to have a marijuana license to purchase.

I purchased some CBD pain relieving salve today and when I left the store my neck was so tight I couldn’t hardly turn it. When I got in the car I opened the container and put some on my neck and before I got home the pain was gone and I could move my neck. I doubt it was a coincidence and I don’t know how long it will last but it has been about 4 hours and I still feel good.

Has anyone here tried CBD oil or salve, and if you have what are your thoughts?

Haven't. Will. Hate pills. What brand name did you try, how much in the container, and how many $? Good thread - you may be good for something no matter what Wayne says.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank I bought it at a local dispensary but you can see it on line at truinfusioncbd.com , CBD TOPICAL SALVE. I Paid $50 for a 300 mg container,seems like a lot of money unless your really hurting. I hope it works as I would like to cut back on all the pain pills before my liver and kidneys are shot.

Richard-

I'm really sorry to hear of your pains from arthritis. I was a carpenter before pneumatic nail guns and suffer a bit with arthritis in both shoulders. It's no fun.

Good luck with the oil/salve your experimenting with and I hope it serves you well.

What the hell...smoke a blunt and be done with it.

Frank, the guy at the dispensary recommended the 300 mg for me. They also had a gel in a container that you just squeeze out and spread around the sore area. I wish I would have bought that too to try out, I may go back and get it. The salve looks like vaseline but it is a hard substance so I just get some on my finger nail and apply it. It doesn’t take very much, for me just a couple of dips with my finger nail.

Wayne, it really sucks that as we get older we have to pay for what we did in our younger days. I’m sure my problems are due to some bad motorcycle accidents. What have you found works best for your arthritis?

Jim Beam.

My shoulders bother me more when I'm sitting like watching TV. They don't bother me much when working outside, lifting, etc. I do work with a lot more care and a little slower pace nowadays.

When I drink Jim Beam it makes me think I’m young again and that only leads to more trouble.

I'm not a naysayer, my younger daughter inherited her mom's RA ( went through about 5 generations of Sandy's family) and has used some of the oil, which helped a lot. Just a comment- anything from Aleve to Hemp is just MASKING the cause of the pain, which is usually in the case of arthritis, degeneration of the joint (heh), which isn't going to improve with the use of any pain killer. I'm using Back Pain Aleve right now, but am watching the Michigan November election results ..

Gerry,

The wife says the copper bracelet thing helps her pain.
I have heard people say it don't help, and some say it does.
dunno.gif

Either way, if she's happy, I'm happy!
biggrin.gif

Have had it myself for almost 15 years, take 3 pills a day for it. Always thought this was an old person disease, boy was i wrong!!
If i forget to take my pills, boy do i know it the next day.
Best fix yet, a hot tub with theraputic jets. No joke. Yes it isnt cheap, but it cetainly helps the pain go away for hours. Does wonders for stress releif too!
Not to mention the effect the pills can have on liver and rest of body - have get blood tested to make sure it doesnt kill my white blood cells (been down that road with other meds already). Can't drink liquoir anymore, only beer - gutts can't handle it.
It sucks, feel like such a wimp some days!

Back