• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Anybody know what this is?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'll investigate further and report back with more details. Kraig, I have my camera set to low resolution so I don't have to go through the resizing headaches when posting.
smile.gif

The picture is not close/clear enough to tell for sure but it looks to me like it has frame rails connecting the transmission to the front. A 240 or 340 would use the engine for a frame much like a Farmall C Wish we had a closer picture.

It almost looks like a Farmall H or 300 that someone adapted a later model grill and hood

460D or 560D, missing some sheet metal...has all the indications....see below...

Look at it on your smart phone and zoom in on the pic......you can pick out the features zoomed in...

I agree with Steve B. It's a 460 or 560. I zoomed in using the commputer. Just missing some important sheet metal.
happy.gif

I agree with Steve as well. There is a frame rail there for sure and the steering wheel position look right

Sure looks too short to me. This is my 460 and there is a full size chevy 1 ton truck sitting behind it.

294732.jpg

They Look shorter with narrow fronts and the rear tins missing...

I chatted with the owner today, it is a 460 diesel-powered, so I guess that makes it a 460D. It made a lot of diesel-type noises pulling a truck out of the mud when I snapped my original shot; but when I caught the owner grading his driveway it purred like a kitten, didn't even realize it was a diesel until hie told me. He allowed as to how it was hard to get parts for it, any suggestions for him?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Jeremiah C. Just what parts is he looking for? There are a lot of salvage yards and reproduction parts available and aftermarkets makers for those tractors.

There are a boat load of 460/560 tractors out there. IH used the engine in other models too, can't believe he has issues with parts.....should be all over the place. Suggest dealer or Internet search....

Jeremiah - The 460 had a D236 engine, same basic engine as the D282 used in the 560/660 & 706 up to about 1966. Lots of them out there, parts should not be a problem to find. The D236 can be made into D282 with just the crankshaft & conn rods from a D282.

Sheet metal parts like grills, hoods & side panels are not being reproduced yet, but fenders are.

Your neighbor should subscribe to Red Power Magazine, lots of ads for sources of IH parts in every issue.

Dennis: Thanks, I'll pass the tip along to my neighbor, its a good place to start.

Steve: The man is a mechanic by trade, works out of his house, so I'm not sure what the problem with his getting parts is. Part of the problem is that the two dealers in the area are each at least 30 miles out from the town in which we live --in different directions, naturally. The distance is considered quite long in these parts --different counties and all
happy.gif
, or maybe he is just a car guy.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marlin: When I see him, I'll get particulars on the parts he has had hard time getting, which may help clear up the mystery.

Thanks everyone. So glad to be on this site.
smile.gif

A link in a recent post on the Main Forum by Kraig McConaughey referencing (in part) an old post from Tom Hoffman prompted me to take a second look at an old tractor proudly displayed on the corner of a property I've recently been passing on a "short cut" to the schooling offered (read "mandated") by my employer. Upon closer examination, I discovered the "antique" was indeed the product of IHC (International Harvester Company).

Can someone identify the model and year of the product pictured below, along with the attachment.

296697.jpg

296698.jpg

296699.jpg

296700.jpg

Note the trademark in the last photo:

296701.jpg

Jeremiah C,
Looks like a F20 made around 1938 and a road grader.
Or it could even be a Regular.
Get the serial number and it could be narrowed down a lot.
501 = 1932
1251 = 1933
3001 = 1934
6382 = 1935
32716 = 1936
68749 = 1937
105597 = 1938
130865 = 1939
135700 = 1940

Jeremiah, I agree with Charlie, it sure looks like it's an F-20. Some differences on a Regular that don't match this one. Also some differences between this one and an F-30, so I'm seconding myself and saying it's an F-20.

Latest posts

Back