• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Anybody know what this is?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Looks like a 185 but it has a 184 engine in it. Swap maybe? Owner didn't know. I was looking to pick it up if it's cheap enough.
284120.jpg

Doug: Is there a difference in the 184 and 185 engines? Aren't they both C-60?
happy.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Doug is correct on the starting system
here some more info 185 where yellow/white, 184 where painted red,
They had different pto also

serial number range 184 43801 thru 52339
serial number range 185 37001 thru 43347

If you're planning on doing some REAL work with that, I'd ID it as a waste of time. Underpowered.

Doug A.
Beats me without a serial number which would be on the left side while setting on the tractor just behind the radiator frame on the flat part of the tractor frame.
Here's a pic of my old 154 that had red paint under the yellow that turned out to be a 184 with a conversion back to a S/G.
And yes IH offered a conversion kit because the alternators they supplied from Delco had a bad batch and Delco wouldn't fix the problem.
284140.jpg

Doug for some reason I think the dash was different between the two, but will have to research that a little more.

Doug A.
What you have to understand about loboys is this.
Everything pretty much interchanged and guys put what they could find. I've seen many parts changed out over the years on the Yahoo loboy group.

I found out today that a neighbor of mine has an older IH tractor. Does anyone know what IH model this tractor is:

293979.jpg

If the tractor is unidentifiable from the picture, what questions do I need to ask when I go see him?

Jeremiah Chamberlin (Jchamberlin),

Its either a 240 or 340 farmall.

293984.jpg

293985.jpg

Jeremiah, I agree with Keith that it's either a 240 or a 340. It appears that the white side panels have been removed. Any chance you can email me the original high resolution photo so I can get a better look?
happy.gif

460D or 560D with the side sheets removed and the rear hood section removed.

Look closely at the length (wheelbase) and the steering wheel and pedestal.....240/340 had a flat wheel, 460/560 more vertical and on a pedestal. Also note the air cleaner, and dual fuel filter on lower rear of engine. Also has frame rails.

294031.jpg

Latest posts

Back