• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any Sears fan lurking about?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Onan in the AC 620 and does share some parts with the Onan(s) that the JD 318 used. The AC-620 used a CCKB, the early JD 318 used a B43G and later a P218. The 318 was a very popular tractor.

Onan parts are very expensive. I had an Allis Chalmers 620 with a 19.5hp Onan (rated as such to avoid regulations that applied to 20hp tractors back in the day...) I sold it partly due to the engine being so expensive to do even basic maintenance on and it seemed to develop a new issue every time I started it.

View attachment 145895

:feint:
Though I don't really need one, I've been quietly on the hunt for that series "Allis" tractor for a while now.

It closely resembles the 190XT I grew up with, and is small enough for me to store and use at my house.
I'd nearly kill for one.

IMAG0047.jpg

Then again, the 10 minute drive over to the farm to visit the old girl isn't that inconvenient for now. I guess.

It's a good thing I left Cummins on good terms. Without my employee discount, the coil I bought retailed for $134.

EPA compliancy is entertaining to me. I'd wager that your 19.5 Onan was no different than a pre-EPA 20 horse version.
My Zero turn is labeled as a 24.8 horse diesel. 26hp and up requires aftertreatment and such :errrr:

This reminds me of a time when I was shopping for an outboard motor, and a dealer told me that their 9.9 with a carb kit could become a 20 horse or some ridiculously higher horsepower.

Though I don't really need one, I've been quietly on the hunt for that series "Allis" tractor for a while now.

It closely resembles the 190XT I grew up with, and is small enough for me to store and use at my house.
I'd nearly kill for one.

View attachment 145897
Then again, the 10 minute drive over to the farm to visit the old girl isn't that inconvenient for now. I guess.

It's a good thing I left Cummins on good terms. Without my employee discount, the coil I bought retailed for $134.

EPA compliancy is entertaining to me. I'd wager that your 19.5 Onan was no different than a pre-EPA 20 horse version.
My Zero turn is labeled as a 24.8 horse diesel. 26hp and up requires aftertreatment and such :errrr:

Where were you in 2019 when I basically gave it away for around $1500? For that price I included a John Deere model 260, cat-0, 60" grooming mower (probably worth the $1500 by itself...), a 48" Cub Cadet cat-0 tiller, the Ark 600 loader, and the AC-620 of course, with the Cat-0 rear lift and cast iron wheel weights. More photos:

AC-620_02.jpg

Note the Cub Cadet seat mount:

AC-620_03.jpg

Cub Cadet 48 Tiller_01.jpg

JD-260_Grooming Mower_01.jpg

Where were you in 2019 when I basically gave it away for around $1500? For that price I included a John Deere model 260, cat-0, 60" grooming mower (probably worth the $1500 by itself...), a 48" Cub Cadet cat-0 tiller, the Ark 600 loader, and the AC-620 of course, with the Cat-0 rear lift and cast iron wheel weights. More photos:

View attachment 145901

Note the Cub Cadet seat mount:

View attachment 145902

View attachment 145903

View attachment 145904

$1500?!
*throws keyboard*

It's all about timing. As fate would have it.

If I'm meant to own one, it'll come up when the time is right I guess. I need to finish my current Cub, and move the rest of these Sears before I begin another tractor endeavor anyways I guess.

Last edited:
Yep, as much as I loved that tractor I just wanted it gone, so I priced it so it would be gone ASAP. I had people get really mad at me when I told them it was sold. 😲

I had it listed here at a higher price with no interest: AC-620 add ... Now that I think about it I may have sold it locally for the price I had it listed at. When I wrote my post above, the $1500 sounded kind of low, I must have been thinking of just the mower value. :drool2: I will chalk that up to CRS.
old.gif

Yep, as much as I loved that tractor I just wanted it gone, so I priced it so it would be gone ASAP. I had people get really mad at me when I told them it was sold. 😲

I had it listed here at a higher price with no interest: AC-620 add ... Now that I think about it I may have sold it locally for the price I had it listed at. When I wrote my post above, the $1500 sounded kind of low, I must have been thinking of just the mower value. :drool2: I will chalk that up to CRS. View attachment 145910
I know about crs,I think....

I just searched my emails for record of the local add for the AC 620, and I did have it listed for the same as I listed it here.

Really like that SEARS (Roper!). That 3 point is hard to find around here! I have a some Ropers and early AYP Craftsmans and I think they are a rugged GT.

Roper and then AYP (Husqvarna) built the GTs. I'm guessing not all the lawn tractors though. Pretty sure Sears went with MTD a few years back. I have no knowledge of Gilson or Simplicity ever making them for Sears but I learn everyday that I was wrong about something. Plus, so many things change...

I'd nearly kill for one.

View attachment 145897

Thanks for a great looking tractor. Remember that was one hot tractor in its day. Sure you have enough power for that bushhog? Lol

Bob G.

Really like that SEARS (Roper!). That 3 point is hard to find around here! I have a some Ropers and early AYP Craftsmans and I think they are a rugged GT.

20211030_212639.jpg

Thanks. I'm already pretty fond of it.

Some soot removal, and maybe some paint in the future, and it'll hold up for quite a while I hope.

I know it roughly should be the same frame and transaxle as my 12 horse Suburbans, but it definitely seems much more beefy to me.
Placebo effect I'm sure.

20211028_182057.jpg

So I've grown up associating Sears and Craftsman together, but after reading this thread I see that I am a bit mistaken. Although in my defense, the tag does say Sears Robuck.
I just picked this tiller up today, and have an older lawn mower that started me down this CC rabbit hole. I started with the craftsman mower thinking that I could build it up into a GT, but I did some researching and found my Cub Cadet instead.
1110211924.jpg

1110211925d.jpg

0908210755.jpg

0904211328.jpg

Back