• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith E. That's good to hear. I haven't time to pick up the 212 yet. This summer has just been hectic with the hot and dry weather and now the wet/rainy weather. If all goes well I may have a couple of newbies with me plowing at Buck Creek this year. Neither has ever been around a garden tractor.

It's finally back together with the new - and so far not leaking - rear end. Yippee! I need to set up the plow since I've had it apart but I'll be ready for plowing whenever it comes.
316891.jpg

316892.jpg

Looking great!!! It'll be fun meeting you and seeing that little 317 plowing.
316895.gif
(I know this is a mower clipart but it is a green tractor.)

Thank you all for the kind words. I'm very happy with how this turned out. It's like a JD green recreation of the Cub Cadet 129+ I built many years ago. I hope it runs as well plowing.

It's ready to go to Travis' house later this month. Steve B. Please notice the new & improved (read that, "Larger") IH decal on the plow. Just for you, big fella.
happy.gif
317363.jpg

Well played!......and Bi-Tractoral!

Marty-

I'd bet some of those JDs were using cub rear ends.

Cool pics...thanks!

BTW, where was this tractor pull?

Wayne,

"Glory Days Show, tractor and lawnmower pulls, antique tractor & engine show."
You can view some of it on Facebook.

This was held in Yadkinville, NC.
It was a two day show. (Fri.-Sat.)
This is a benefit show for Hospice and another selected charity. It is held every year about the same time. (end of Sept.)

Saturday had the GT pull, veterans honored, and the big tractor pull, along with all the show tractors and vendors.
Had a great time.

I'd like to put a special thanks out there to Digger and Mark @ MachTech. Both of these fellows are extremely responsive and helpful. The 317 had a pretty good leak problem. Digger provided memory and direction to me where it would appear that I have neither. And, Mark @ MachTech was right there with a solution. Can't thank them both enough for their help.

Got the new parts installed this morning and we'll see what new issues develop as I run the tractor today.

Thanks guys!!!!!
Keith

Charlie, Oooo, good point. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... Actually I'm looking forward to testing it on leaves. I did a little testing last night on some that had fallen along the driveway and I mowed some of my field trails. The bagger worked great.

NO, NO, NO!
You both have it wrong.
You're supposed to fill those bags with rocks so you will have enough traction when you're blowing the snow!!!
joker.gif

Scott, I'm planning on doing what I did before I got the Windbreaker on the Cub, I'll wear my snowmobile helmet.
happy.gif
But I hope to get a soft cab for the X585 eventually. My mom got one for her X585, the one I've been using at the farm since my father passed away in 2007, and it makes it quite comfy.

Kraig,
My brother has the diesel version of your tractor. He has the big factory bagger on casters that attaches to rear of tractor. Leaf eating machine!

Back