• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, not sure if there's a JD model 440... There is a 420 (gas) and a 430 (diesel). Here's a 430 that was at PD 13. Not sure who it is that owns it. A guy named Jim Dimmerling who shows up at lots of Plow Days owns several JD tractors, including at least one 430. Hmmm, a 430 seems like major overkill for lawn sweeping duties.
a_blink2.gif

236313.jpg

MIKE, KRAIG - That's a problem with those green tractors, they will call an entirely different design tractor the same model number.

There were little Dubuque-built tractors, think they started with the Model M, then 40, 420, 430, and I think the 440 was an Industrial version. Machine was about the size of an IH model A. There was also a model 435, same as a 430 but with a 2-cyl Detroit diesel.

There's several other models they've done that with too, as well as use the same model numbers as competitor's tractors, or use the same model number for a tractor AND a combine, etc.

That looks to be about it. The 430 is pretty close to what he has (without a deck on it as well) for his lawn sweeper. Overkill? I am sure it is. But I think it is acutally more laziness and did't want to have to hook & unhook the sweeper from the front mount mower he bought. Cause the old tractor is neat, but man its seen better days too!

Its a diesel he has, I know that for sure.

I noticed some JD 110's on here. Just picked one up today. It also has the mowing deck and a vacuum system with a 5hp Briggs engine on it.
Any one know where I could find out what year it is, and other info?

299161.jpg

299162.jpg

299163.jpg

Marty try the Weekend Freedom Machines web site.
They bleed green over there.

My deere ran off. Someone wanted it worse than I did. On the good side, it made room for more cubs!!!
thumbsup_old.gif

After looking underneath and seeing all those pulleys, springs, and who knows what else, I decided to let someone else restore it!

Good evening.
After many years not being involved in the hobby I've taken on the rebuilding a JD 317 this winter to reconnect with the group.

Here's where I'm at so far......

Keeeeeeeeeeith!!!!!

Good to hear from you!!!!! Hope all has been well!

Keith, welcome back! Good to see you post!
wave.gif

Here's a photo of your old Plow Cub at the Weekend Freedom Machine Spring Tillage Day, April 29, 2003.
happy.gif

312413.jpg

Hi, guys.
Same size engine - 23hp - different wrapper.
All I need is a plow and I'll be good to go once again. I can't believe it's been so long. That particular Cub became a rolling chassis for a friend of mine. It ended up sitting in a barn for years and was pretty nasty when it finally went down the road.

The Deere was a DOA with a blown motor. Haven't seen it move under its own power. Hopefully it will by Spring.

Keith,

Get it all powered back up and you can bring it down and play with it......my new toy will share some furrow space....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

312431.jpg

312430.jpg

Keith E. You'll have that little fella running and looking good in no time.

Steve,
That's a dandy. Years ago Travis put a turbo from a Yamaha Seca 650 on his large frame Cub. Not sure he ever got boost out of it but it sure did smoke a lot. Which is cool, too. Whatever happened to Travis?

What combo are you using on your 782D to make it a 782DT? Beautifully done, by the way. Are you still running the aluminum rear in that or did you switch over to cast iron?

And, is your 2-bottom plow something that you created? Looks like a pair of 12" moldboards??? Very nice. You've been a busy guy.

Dangit Keith, I knew living that close to Moline you'd get some green on ya!

Good to see ya post!
greenthumb.gif

i have a 1981 jd108 and a 1986 jd 212, the 108 is used for mowing in tight areas and snow plowing and the 212 is a dedicated 1050lb stock class puller

I have a 67 110 that I am going to restore I have a front 540 PTO to put on it and a brass tag 80 cart also

Back