• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scolson

displayname
Shawn Colson
I've got a clean,one owner "72 110 with a 10HP Kohler,46in deck and hydraulic lift.Also a "67 model 60 lawn tractor.

Nope. Don't got any of those things...and if I recall correctly, this is the IH Cub Cadet Forum....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Shawn, there are a few JD owners on this forum. My mom has a JD X585 that I get to use on a regular basis as I have to do the mowing and clearing of snow since my father passed away. It's one very nice tractor. I kind of like to think it's mine.
happy.gif
Here's a photo of my father up at our cabin cutting some brush with it back in May of 2006.

88376.jpg

Actually Myron B. if "I" recall this is the "Off Topic Tractor" section,
thumbsup.gif

This is my first 140. It came from Proctor Vt area with a nice deck, paid 980 for it. My second 140 came from across the hill and paid 200 for it. With a tiller and deck. I know you cub guys don't like green so well, but IMHO, there are some of the best built, most versatile tractors Deere made. I do have to say I have my eye on a fenderless CCO.

94883.jpg

94884.jpg

Carey

Carey, there are several guys on here that like the JD 140, is that an H3? I see it has the highly desirable style of wheel weights. Say, any idea what the SN of that Original is? It might be a fairly early one as the mower deck belt guards and brackets are white. Usually those parts are yellow.

Me and my dad our restoring a 69' 110. It was my grandfathers first lawn mower. Acording to the serial number it is the first 110 built in 69'.
err.gif

Kraig,

Yep, It's an H3. I have 2 H3's. Those wheel weights are very expensive to buy if you find someone who wants to sell them, but are not as expensive and desireable as the single notch weights. I bought a 120 out of a barn with a set and like a dum bass, I let them go with the tractor when I sold it. I'm not sure about the serial of the CCO, I couldn't find it.

Carey

Art, your last post to that thread was back on September 8th. Where's the progress photos???
dunno.gif

Art,

Whats that link to WFM about. That site is blocked here at work. Is it your 140 resto thread?

Carey

Carey- Yes, it is...
<font size="-2">By the way.. I agree with Kraig, you need to figure out your Original's serial number!</font>

Kraig-
Ever since "work" started again, there has been ZERO progress......hence the lack of "progress photos"...
draw.gif

I have a 316 that is waiting on a fresh Onan transplant to live again. It seems to live in harmony with the 2 782's that live here.

Here's a more recent photo of my pair of 140 H-3s. I had to rearrange my garage to get my truck inside 2 nights ago before the "Big Storm" hit upstate NY, so I snapped a few new shots before I packed them in. We got a day of flurries and wet roads here in Killawog. To our east, they got blasted.

96080.jpg

96081.jpg

The first tractor I ever restored was a John Deere 210. It was an FFA project and got the bug started. Sure would like to find another one. I had a 70's 110 for a while, but I traded it for my previous 782.

While all the rigs around here are IH Cub Cadets my first set of wheels was a JD 318 at Mom and Dads. I like it the 345 not so much, it just isn't as stocky as the 318 but they are still nice tractors. I just wont pay the extra money for the green paint.

I recently added a JD400 to my shop. Revamped a 4' catagory 1 box blade to fit the "0" 3 point. Can't see them very well in the pic but there's a T75 Pennsylvania Panzer, JD180, Cub 100, Cub 1450, Cub 982 puller, CCC 2185, CCC 3240 as well as the Sears/Panzer narrow front conversion project in the shop right now. Sometimes a fight breaks out between the different brands!
97511.jpg

Back