• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 318 and 332

Attachments

• 2018-8-4 (11) Burnett.JPG
    2018-8-4 (11) Burnett.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 531
  • 2018-4-28 (1).JPG
    2018-4-28 (1).JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 504
Thank You.
Glenn P built the plows for me.View attachment 135861
As a kid that grew up in the sixties and seventies, I remember a lot of evenings spent plowing after school. No cabs and sometimes the radio might pick up a station from St Louis if all was good. If it was cold and we were lucky, we had a heat houser on the tractor. If not you dressed warm and kept going.
Your picture brings back a lot of memories.
Thanks.

I have a 14hp 321 block that im rebuilding This block come out of a JD not sure the model of JD This block is a flanged base kohler And it used a square sheet metal oil pan So what were these extra cast flanges on each side of the block used for an the JD application? Each cast flange protruded outside the side of the block about 2 inches had 2 bolt holes 3/8 each flange

Stamped steel, to mount one in a cub you can put an oil pan from an engine out of a cub on and it’ll bolt up. At least it did when I took a k341 out of a John Deere and put in a 128

Stamped steel, to mount one in a cub you can put an oil pan from an engine out of a cub on and it’ll bolt up. At least it did when I took a k341 out of a John Deere and put in a 128
didn't the flanges crowd the cub area? did u think about cutting off or grinding the flanges flush with the block using a cub oil pan as a guide?

I thought about it but it looked like a lot of work because if you cut the flange off it leaves a gap that has to have a patch welded over, and it fit in my wide frame ok

I thought about it but it looked like a lot of work because if you cut the flange off it leaves a gap that has to have a patch welded over, and it fit in my wide frame ok
that depends on where the oil fill hole or dipstick is located at The pic u sent yes, I know about the gap on this type of kohler block has I had a block like this and I had to do the same thing by plugging the gap with cast iron welding it then machining the base flat I had another JD 321 block a week ago I cut off the flanges off that had the dipstick pressed in the RH top of the block But this block there were no fill plug or dipstick holes in the flanges that would leave a gap to need plugged I made sure of this BEFORE I started cutting and grinding I bolted a cast iron oil pan to the block as a guide a template I guess kohler made many different type of blocks for different applications

Quick question for all those with Deere experience. My daughter was given a Deere 110 and she wants to have her own tractor for plow day(s). I don't have any current knowledge on the Deere scene and was wondering about places to start looking for rear lift brackets. This is somewhere between a 1968 and a 1972 as a rough guess. Any information would be helpful.

Oh oh. 😲 My brother and I drove down to Cedar Falls, Iowa last night and picked up a JD X585 with loader and 62" mower deck. This will be kept at the family farm where there's already another JD X585 with 54" mower, 48" tiller, 48" snowblower, 48" brush mower and 48" grader blade and a JD 5210 with loader, 6' brush mower, two bottom plow, 7' box blade and a post hole auger. And I have my JD X585 with 54" mower, 47" snow thrower and power flow vac. It's starting to get perhaps a bit too green around here. I'll have to get a family photo when I can get them all together later this fall when I change out two of the X585 tractors for snow removal duty.

Oh Oh_02.jpg
Oh Oh_03.jpg
Oh Oh_04.jpg
Oh Oh_01.jpg

Back