• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of my 332.

127106.jpg

Okay, After 29 years of being a Cub Cadet man... I finally broke down and bought a green tractor. I researched which one I wanted and found this one near home.

1969 John Deere 140 H3
153183.jpg

Matt-
It looks like it's in nice shape for a 40-year-old tractor. I've got a '69 140 H3 myself

What's the serial number on yours?

Matt,

I noticed the deck is and the tiller looks to be white. Are these from a "Patio" tractor? Most JD attachments are yellow, correct?

Scott, wow, good catch! Matt might have a rare set of attachments there!
icon_eek.gif
OR it's just REALLY faded yellow paint on them...
dunno.gif

You guys are right, these are "patio" accessories... However the tractor is not. The kid I bought the tractor from wanted $400 for the 44" tiller and $350 for the 38" deck. If anyone is interested I'll give you the kids name & e-mail addy (they are located in the KC, MO area). I was just happy to steal the tractor for the price I did.

I seen a J D saturday that is supposed to be one of only 23 made. ( unless i got all crossed up on my pictures)
153512.jpg

For those of you that wanted to know, the serial number on my 140 H3 is 021091M. Any hints as to the differences between the -30,000 and the +30,000 serial number tractors would be nice. Thanks

I am the proud owner of 2 John Deeres. I have a 1966 60 lawn tractor, and i have a 1968 110 tractor, which they both run. All original for the most part. The 60 is my most prized tractor posessed. It is one of 3 very rare john deere lawn tractors, 60, 70, and the 100, which are becoming increasingly hard to come by.
bubbly.gif

I got some seat time yesterday. My neighbor contracted my to roll his lawns this year. He said his articulated Husqvarna articulated "lawn mower" gets yanked around too much pulling this 24" dia 5' wide roller. It's full of water to boot. My 140 had no problems with it.

187650.jpg

Hi, this is my first post here. Just bought a 1964 Cub 100, shown in the picture with my '64 JD 110 and my '70 narrow front JD 110.

228131.jpg

Here is the whole group, so far.

228132.jpg

Thanks for looking. Mike

Mike, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif
nice line up! I really like the looks of your narrow front 110. How about some detail photos of it?

Here are some narrow front progress pics.

All unnecessary hardware removed.

228351.jpg

Plate to mount front spindle.

228352.jpg

The front end parts.

228353.jpg

Plate welded in and wheels mounted.

228354.jpg

Frame painted and motor in.

228355.jpg

Almost together.

228356.jpg

Done except for stack.

228357.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Mike

All these green tractors except the 212 was 100% dismantled, sand blasted and painted by me over an 8 year period. I bought the 65 110 in 1971
235700.jpg

Anyone own at 4xx series garden tractor?? Think its a 430 or 440 that a guy I know has, it looks kinda neat - even though I am not partial to the green kind. But I like how the "nose" of it it kinda hangs out over the front axle, it looks big and beefy. He uses it to pull his lawn sweeper after using his front mount commercial mower to do his yard and around the barns. Dairy farmer...he can afford those fancy over prices green things new, off the showroom floor!

Just curious if anyone has piture of them and how they like them. Would be good to get one and "convert" it into a real tractor! Would that degrade the IH name??

Back