• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any John Deere owners???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the 'same boat'. I have 2 JD345's. One '98 (1k hrs) and a '01 (700hrs). Those things are tough as my '75 IH108 and '84 CC1711. Same story: early on a big yard and very little $. The bank loaned me the $900 for that used 108 in '79 (I cannot remember if that was too much or not then but I am glad I bought it). No telling how many hours are on that 108. I restored it here some years ago. The 345's cost more than $6k each when new. I paid that for the '98 and paid $750 for the '01 a couple of years ago from my neighbor who got to old to keep up his 3 acres.

Yes it was crazy the amount of things I used to do with the JDs and an old LGT18H Ford. None were suited for the abuse I gave them but amazingly, they all and I I survived to work another day. I've no issue with my current Cub that I bought new in 2009 but am not sure it will have the same longevity of the old JDs and Fords hanging around my place.

I definitely have both brands!! I have a JD 455, JD 318 just purchased, and several JD 110's (both flat and round fender). Still looking for the 63 110. I just within the last month even got my first Allis Chalmers, which is a 916. The grandkids enjoy riding either and all of them!

Been a member here for a few years so I might as well add my $0.02.
As I have seen here so far, it does not appear to be uncommon that a person might have a few different colors of tractors. I have owned a couple JD 420s for a long time. When I was a much younger man, I saw those come out and could not afford to buy one. At the time I had a big yard and garden but no money. :errrr: Fast forward a goodly number of years and somehow I managed to own two of them. A first year and last year model. Both are pretty good but in need of a freshening when I retire. Funny how it is, I have two and in the market now for a 430. I'm not sure what makes us want to have more than we can use but it does happen here.
Yup, A good friend passed in 2017 and I purchased his 425 at auction and now has 1580 hours on meter and this 20 hp water cooled Kawasaki runs great. Really like this tractor and also a J.D. 245 with Kawasaki engine that runs great, and a ZT655 that I also like. Presently down to one cub cadet, but open to adding more,

Back