• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Aluminum Creeper Gear

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkattner

displayname
Brian Kattner
So, last fall I picked up a nice 1050gt, and my local dealer had a scrapped 1806 outside. I pulled the creeper & tunnel cover, and installed them in the 1050. Problem I'm having is when shifted to the low side my lever is against the cover,and it ends up slipping out of gear. The detent feels solid. Any ideas? I don't think the fork is bent. Getting ready to pull it soon. Thanks everyone.

Try bending lever first....

Some heat with a propane torch and 2 adjustable wrenches should "tweak" it enough to keep it off the cover and securely in gear.

Well, pulled the creeper and there is some free play and wear in the fork, but what's more concerning is the planet carrier itself has a good 1/8" of free play front the back, and the planet gears have started to chip. When assembled the planets are running against the back of the front cover plate-the diagram for the 1806 creeper shows it this way. The diagram for the IH WF creeper (say a 1200) shows a thrust washer facing the creeper. Are the aluminum creepers supposed to have this washer? Or is my creeper input shaft set back too far in the creeper housing?

Latest posts

Back