• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Allis Chalmer 620

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Here's some photos of my AC 620.

229396.jpg

229397.jpg

229398.jpg

229399.jpg

229400.jpg

229401.jpg

229402.jpg

Dave,
dunno.gif
I suppose if it had a set of ag tires it might.
happy.gif
I do know it'll pull a single 10" plow as deep as I can get it into the ground.

229404.jpg

DAVE - And the neat thing about those A-C's is they have drop axle housings like a Cub, WD-45, & D-17 Allis, so the rearend is up nice and high, no high centering when plowing deep!

Nice! Very nice! I like it. I bet it would really sweeeeet with a set of ags on it. Lucky to have a tractor like that. I grew up with Allis Chalmers. Grandpa had two of them and a little Massey Ferguson. Spent MANY days on them! Learnt how to drive a tractor - orange Allis.

Kraig,

As much as I love the Cubs.... I would love to have something like your AC620 in the stable.... there are some things I am sure it would do better... and having a larger, small tractor with a loader.... I bet that comes in really handy..... besides I hate using a shovel.....

Maybe I need to find a Super... that burns oil.... and has a loader..... hmmmmmm......

If it's got a loader just ad an extra hydraulic arm off one side. Pluck your old but right off the ground and set you in the seat,

Hmmm, I have been thinking of selling it. If anyone is seriously interested let me know, perhaps we can work something out...
happy.gif
(I'll probably get in trouble with Charlie for a for sale add in the wrong place... with no price listed to boot.
icon_eek.gif
) I have the JD model 260, 60" rear mount finish mower, a Cub Cadet 48" tiller and a CAT-0 to sleeve hitch adapter to go with it. If you look at the last two photos of my first post, you can see the loader repair that Art Aytay and I did to it. The front loader brace was cracked where it met the loader arms. I fabricated the gusset plates and cut all the pieces and Art did the welding for me. The dash used to have a hole in it that was drilled by a PO. Art welded up the hole for me and I repainted the dash and put a new decal on. I also replaced all the PTO, light switches and installed a new ignition switch when I had it apart. I also recently replaced the flywheel side crank seal and the gasket around the oil filter mounting. Here's some links to older posts on it:

LINK TO REPAIR POSTS 1

LINK TO REPAIR POSTS 2

The loader could use new hoses. I need to fix the right front tire, it doesn't want to hold air. I may just put a tube in it. The seat that is on it in most of the photos was an old boat seat. The mount was a piece of pressure treated 2x lumber.
lol.gif
Amazing what some people do. Though I must say it did work well. It has a different seat on it now. And seeing as the original seat mount was missing when I got it I used a Cub Cadet seat mount which is much better than that piece of PT 2x lumber. Here's the seat that is on it now, if you look close you can see the 1x4/5 seat mount.

229462.jpg

Kraig-

What engine is in your AC? I didn't see mention of it. I see it's a twin.

Wayne, it's an Onan model CCKB it's listed as 19.5HP but I've heard they put out more than that. Something about (safety?) regulations on tractors if the engine put out more than 20hp back in the day (1973) when this tractor was built.

620 Specs page 1

620 Specs page 1

620 Features

Pulled the carb and fuel pump off of my Allis Chalmers 620 this morning and cleaned it up. Now I need to get new gaskets for the carb and a rebuild kit for the fuel pump. Hopefully that will solve the gas in the oil issue I encountered late last fall when I was trying to get it running. I got it running but it dumped gas in the oil. Then before I get that sorted out the weather turned cold and snowy.

326024.jpg

Back