• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sixth deer is hiding behind the dead pine branch. The pine branch is one that broke off of a big white pine that's growing along my driveway last fall, I dragged it out into the field.

Deer_Water_July 2021_01a.jpg

Here's a cropped/ zoomed in version, you can see the deer's back. EDIT: I had to go back and get the original high resolution version for the zoom in, but I think I grabbed the next image in the 5 photo burst and the hidden deer and the deer standing front took a partial step forward.

Deer_Water_July 2021_01b.jpg

Here's a screen capture from a video a few moments before the 5 photos. I'm going to have to upload some of the videos, the fawns are running around chasing each other looking all cute.

Vid_Cap_01.jpg

Kraig, that's what I saw was the rump curve.I'm not losing it yet ??I get pretty intense about venison,to me it's a food source. (I have "harvested" over 150 deer in my years ).I don't buy beef but some pork and chicken and catch enough gills to have once a week...Kids and grandkids grown up now but estimate having furnished about 7500 lbs of meat to the family.....and no chemicals....

Went up to my Dad's place in Waterford Pa... He reported seeing "deer" regularly in the back pasture.
So, around dusk... I stood by the gate with my telephoto lens and saw these...
3-Bucks, 2-Doe, in different parts of the field. These pics are from 80-100 yards.
The big one with symetrical rack looks like a 10-point. The one with the damaged antler would likely be a 12-point (undamaged antler has 6 points, the other only 2), and the small one is probably a 6-point.
Its hard to tell... as the pics aren't great hand-held from this distance, and fading light.

Attachments

• CSC_0098.jpg
    CSC_0098.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0097.jpg
    DSC_0097.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0121.jpg
    DSC_0121.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0123.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 148
I leave my stand up year around. Live next to the leased ground and the neighbors ground. Saves a ton of work. Change the straps every other yer and this is the year.

Checked the trail cam yesterday. Not much. This deer seems to have some sort of problem on it's neck. What do you suppose it is? Just burrs or something? Marks from a scratching post? 🤔
SUNP0005.JPG
SUNP0011.JPG

Some video captures from yesterday morning of a nice basic 8 point. He has a split G2 on his left side. He appears to be a fairly young deer. I got photos and video of him on three cameras.

Deer_8-5-2021_01a.jpg

Deer_8-5-2021_02a.jpg

Deer_8-5-2021_03a.jpg

Here's a view from my new stand, in the first video capture photo he standing about where the red circle is.
bouncy.gif

He took a few drinks of water from the tub that's buried near the tree.

View From Stand.jpg

It's a 4x4 post with a solar light mounted into it. I have a half dozen of them along the walking path I mow around the property I put them in a year or so ago. I have another half dozen to install but it's been so dry here that the ground is hard to dig in, we did just get 1.7" of rain on Thursday and this morning another 0.75" and counting so I should be able to install them this week. They work great for mounting trail cameras to, and the deer and other wildlife don't seem to mind them.

Solar Light_01.jpg

Apparently Bambi has developed a taste for green watermelons GRRRRR!
There were 5 on this plant. One they got 2 days ago and now this one plus 2 others that were chewed off at the stem.
One decent size left so I put an oversize tomato cage around it anchored to a fence post.

Attachments

• DSCN8642.JPG
    DSCN8642.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN8643.JPG
    DSCN8643.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 104
Back