• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary nice collection. Those older Fintlock kits. Big $$$$. My Father in Law had a gun made by Coopers town trading post. They are Big into building Flintlocks like yours. They call him every year to see if he will sell it. I suppose those older Guns are going for Big $$$

Gary nice collection. Those older Fintlock kits. Big $$$$. My Father in Law had a gun made by Coopers town trading post. They are Big into building Flintlocks like yours. They call him every year to see if he will sell it. I suppose those older Guns are going for Big $$$
None of these are 'kit' guns.I buy all the parts.The stocks are bought rough cut with the bbl channel in.I make inlays from brass and ivory(piano keys) plus silver wire inlay.The 12 ga. stock that is extreme curly maple cost $300.Those who build take a lot of pride in the finished firearm....If you can prove the maker old guns are highly sought after.Pa. had the most gunsmiths and schools for in the 1700's....Average (?) time in a piece for me is around 150 hrs..

Know I realize why i shoot a stick and String. Last year i bought a lot of Browning Rifles. Because my Grandson is 5. And i feel i have to get him into shooting. My BBR. 7mm Mag ( Weatherby 6 lug locking bolt ) Is a beautiful gun.

Anyone looking for Kit guns Dixie Gun Works has a variety of kits by 3 o4 different makers. I built several of their kits years ago and ound them to be very reliable and accurate. Lot is in how they are built as gary nobilt can confirm.

Anyone looking for Kit guns Dixie Gun Works has a variety of kits by 3 o4 different makers. I built several of their kits years ago and ound them to be very reliable and accurate. Lot is in how they are built as gary nobilt can confirm.
Roger, the quality HAS gone up over the yrs.Dixie has been the backbone of catalog orders for many yrs as well.Nothing wrong with building a kit,it's a learning curve to educate ones self on what goes where and why. You still have to finish it for it to be a firearm!!

Ammo Shortage.JPG

A few trail camera photos.

Not sure what spooked this group, probably me walking around in my yard.

Deer Run_01.jpg

Deer Run_02.jpg

Deer Run_03.jpg

Deer Run_04.jpg

Not unless your yard is real close, and you were up wind of them.
I went outside and cranked my car up before going to work the other morning. It was getting light, but the headlights were still on. When I came back out to get in the car, there were three deer in my driveway about 15 yards away. As I started forward, they just looked at me. When I got about 10 yards away, they hopped out of the driveway and turned around while watching me go by. :)

Thats what they do at my house too. When I walk the dog(s) they just stand there and watch us go by.. the pup would just love to run over to say Hello!

I bet he would! LOL
For some reason the deer don't get skiddish until the leaves fall.
Marty ,I'm guessing it has more to do with the experience of the yearlings.I watch them yr around and even in my yard they are more curious when younger but after a yr of growing up not so much anymore...Of course the "deer in the headlight look" is for real... A bright flashlight has the same effect....(My property is basically 22 acres of woods bordered by a river so I study them a lot)

Just found an Ruger No. 1 international mannlicher forend stock. I’m gonna install this on my No.1 .450.Bushmaster. How many of you guys in the midwest shooting these elephant droppers? Wow what a gun! Big Bullets. Only thing i would never hunt elephants.

Back