• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was watching my trail cam videos on my computer yesterday evening and saw deer at my feeder.
Nothing spectacular, other than I could hear myself cutting trees less than 100 yards away! :errrr:
Evidently, they did not mind the noise, nor me either. LOL

F6014C5C-ACFA-48EC-AEB0-43722CDC43ED.jpeg

That is my Nov 6. Buck. And yes the moon was exactly above my head to the minute . Red moon time was 6:10am and he walked by me at 6:20. And yes the big ones always leave their sanctuary on a Red moon. They just can’t help it. 8 years in a row. I’ve harvest them on a Red moon.

We have 13 of them across the road in the field. Last year was this little thing running down the road couldn't figure out what it was . Never seen fresh born fawn no bigger than a jack rabbit! Happy hunting ! Wish someone would get All my critters !

We have 13 of them across the road in the field. Last year was this little thing running down the road couldn't figure out what it was . Never seen fresh born fawn no bigger than a jack rabbit! Happy hunting ! Wish someone would get All my critters !
Paul,fawns are cute critters.I've raised a couple because the doe was smacked by a car.Lesson to everyone!! If you don't know what your doing leave them alone.Most often another doe will adopt them.Once they get used to you they're like puppies until they get bigger.Once they start eating grass the odds are in their favor of survival.Let them go..There are many laws covering such..

My last "trophy" buck.A great 9 pt,est. live weight 250#It's the top pic .It's no.50 for my 50 cal muzzleloader that I built in '84.Old school round ball only and percussion fired.I have a total of 77 kills with this rifle,one bear and 76 deer.I only hunt with smokepoles including turkeys,an 1870 twin 16 and a 12 ga. flinter..Bottom pic 10 pt a few yrs earlier. I don't shoot big bucks any more ..I'm serious about the meat and prefer 2 0r 3 yr old doe for quality meat....

Attachments

• _20100721_20073804.JPG
    _20100721_20073804.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 200
Gary. Very Nice trophy’s. And Big. Funny I just shot my .50 cal Knight. Right before i read this. Been loaded since the Deer season. Of course there was no primer in. Now i have to clean it tonight. 777 Powder very corrosive. I’ll brush good with bore cleaner. And then use lil dish soap in Hot water. Keep rifling true.

Thank you Steve...I'm old school black powder only.I won't open the door to discussing old vs new.Many of us lobbied for a muzzleloader only season before inlines came on the scene and eventually got it...Last yr Mi. allowed any firearm during muzzleloading season....We old timers have been betrayed or so it seems..

Gary. I was gonna get political. But not fair to everyone. Gary my Buddy found an old (CNA) 1972 Douglas Barrell flintlock. He’s gonna finish it Wormy Maple. On the barrellin print Douglas. Seems Rare.

Douglas bbl are quite common.Hunting grizz with a flintlock is not on my list, black bear had enough adrenaline for me.I assume you meant CVA if so the Douglas would not have been original.CVA sold a lot of kits back in 70's..IF it is the Douglas would have been an upgrade to the rifle...Not all but most kit guns only had a single trigger.It's a clue...Most were beech for wood...again not all.CVA kits were not the top end at the time....

Don’t know much about flintlocks. But when i googled Douglas 1972. A few guys on the forums said Douglas made limited runs in 72. And the metal in those barrels were made very well. With a special rifling. Some guys said Douglas sent some Barrels to CVA. Funny Gary now CVA are top of the line.

CVA made a kit called "mountain rifle" 34" bbl,dbl triggers, beech wood,percussion that were good quality but didn't capture the market. New generation of hunters jumped on board with the inline because of long distance accuracy,saboted bullets,and powder pellets and CVA started higher quality mfg....Old school side hammers that were mfg have very little resale value.The majority of gun shops won't even take them on trade.... Custom built have a limited market but are desireable.Cost of parts today to build your own is around a $1000 so a $1500 plus price tag is not uncommon....The scoped rifle (aging eyes) is my deer rifle,77 kills,notches in the buttplate...

Attachments

• muzzleloaders 7715 002.JPG
    muzzleloaders 7715 002.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 226
  • muzzleloaders 7715 003.JPG
    muzzleloaders 7715 003.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 218
Back