• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year's buck for me, ended up taking my number 3 . Have 2 in the freezer this year, like 1 more maybe in late archery.

Attachments

• 20221121_091618.jpg
    20221121_091618.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I just purchased a Ruger M77 Hawkeye.358 very rare. I’m excited to shoot these (2) rifles. I love that Mauser action on those Rugers

i've had one of the early 90's 358 77RL carbines for years. it was a real limited run of around 1000 guns. tang safety with 19" heavy barrel and sights. very handy and a 1 holer with the hornady factory ammo. one of my favorite guns.

There was a time when my urge was to collect every caliber of rifle made.It didn't take too long to realize the folly of that especially with costs involved.I decided instead to try and collect 1 of every caliber bullet made and mount them on display boards.It is still ongoing,only 2 are foriegn,a 303 and a French pinfire .All, when introduced, were going to be the best ever but history has shown there's always room for 1 more .(Winchester just brought a 6.8 ,basically 277, that is supposed to be the answer to all.)It is a huge history lesson to look at the many cartridges from the past and imagine the beast of a gun that used it...But.. after building my first muzzleloader,I never looked back.(I think I've built 12,including pistols.) I did reach the point of an auction and sold 80 long guns to clean out my stash and put them back into circulation.I use a 50 cal. I built for deer hunting,a 45 for squirrels and a dbl 16 gauge 1876 percussion for turkey(English).If what you've got works for you you don't have to defend your point of view,just be damn glad someone is still fighting for your right to keep it..

I have 15 deer heads on my wall. I am very fortunate to live in a Honey hole. Just a perfect area with 4,000 to 5,000 acres of land trust and private land all around me. I had a Bow hunting problem. Only because I was raising (5) kids. And NOBODY I knew had guns . And I had no money. And could not afford to buy Rifles. Then my son had a Boy. Everything changed. I thought my lord . I started buying Guns. So I can leave them behind. So when I go. My kids get into a jam. They can sell and use money for emergency. Cash is Dead. Our money is worth nothing now. My Daughter had a Boy 2 days ago. They will not worry about nothing . Times are changing. I admit I’ve been untitled . Because I inherited a family business. That I did not build . So I am a Heir. But worked my ass off all my life. When people approach me with offers. ( people close to me) with guns I buy them. We never see what’s coming!!!!

Thought I would share these pics,I'm sure there are some types you've not seen before.How about a .32 cal shotgun? 8 ga. shotgun(shoulder buster)? Brass 12 ga.. large group of black powder 45/70... a couple of spencer...Hope you can read most of the tags.

Attachments

• 100_1588.JPG
    100_1588.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_1587.JPG
    100_1587.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_1590.JPG
    100_1590.JPG
    972.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1583.JPG
    100_1583.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Some interesting cartridges you have there. I see one of my favorites, the .32-20. Here's my Marlin 1894 in .32-20. S/N dates it to 1902.

Marlin 1894_01.jpg

I have a Uberti single action also in .32-20, aka "32 WCF".

Uberti_SAA.jpg

I don't see any .223 WSSM in your collection.

Browning_223_02.jpg

kraig, nice lever and single shot. was the lever a family hand me down or did you buy it? i have a 1947 36A 30-30 marlin, the last year they made it before the 336's came out.

Back