• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening morning here in WI! Best time of the year, good luck to all the hunters on the forum!

Attachments

• 5D49E67C-0793-4104-9090-F4580BFA6387.jpeg
    5D49E67C-0793-4104-9090-F4580BFA6387.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 165
This is in Braddock. Where the largest steel furnace in the world use to be. But them days are long gone. But the Deer here in the Burgh. Unreal

Here's an excerpt from a recent video from one of my trail cameras. This guy had bedded down in front of this camera. He spent quite a bit of time hanging out here. His rest was interrupted by a possum at one point. Anyway, I thought the video was funny.

DSCF0019a.jpg

DSCF0032a.jpg

DSCF0037a.jpg

DSCF0041a.jpg

DSCF0047a.jpg

Nov.22 just finished processing my first deer of the yr....No. 77 for my 50 cal muzzleloader(I'm old school black powder/round ball)....But the fixin' is great....slice across grain of meat approx. 1/4 thick. Their are several muscles in a hind that make super jerky ...marinade: 1 cup water 5 tblesp. of molasses,carribean jerk(marinade ) 1/2 cup,orange ginger 1/2 cup,liquid smoke, teasp. of seasoning salt...let set in reefer at least 24 hrs...place on foil to control liquid,, lightly use seasoning salt..200 deg in oven about 3hrs until top is dark,turn over salt again ,in approx another 3 hrs it can be removed.I want mine to be flexible..you want it hard leave it longer...fine snack !!!

Attachments

• 100_1486.JPG
    100_1486.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 111
Gary, I'd be happy to provide you my address if you feel an uncontrollable urge to send me some of that jerky! :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Well, firearms is finished here in Indiana. Seemed really tough this year. We didn't see much at all except for on the trail camera.
My son Jackson finally got his first deer Wednesday morning. A decent sized doe, 115 lbs. after field dressing. I'm so proud of him. I shot a same size doe Friday night. I hope all of you were successful.
IMG_6409.JPG

Shultzie, congratulations to Jackson and you! Boy, he sure is looking grown up. 😲 It happens fast.

Back