• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of Coyotes around here in recent years. An increasing Wolf population in Northern Wisconsin has pushed the Coyotes south.

310639.jpg

Lots of Turkeys too.
happy.gif

310640.jpg

Marty-
Nice Buck!

Kraig-
Very true about the coyotes.

I just saw a story on the news about a wolf pack caught on game-cameras that raised a family from a den in East Bethel, MN. That's less than 45 min from downtown Mpls!
Shotgun.gif

Marty, nice buck, congratulations. I went to Colorado again this year bow hunting and got my first deer (a doe) with a bow. It is like smoke pole hunting, just one shot available and make it count. Congratulations on your successful hunt.

Thanks all for the compliments.
As of Wednesday, he is in the taxidermy shop. Supposed to pick him back up around the first of the year.

Finally brought him home today.
The taxidermist said it was pretty rare for the deer to have two white patches on it's neck.

312321.jpg

Marty, looks great! That lower white patch is quite unique.
thumbsup.gif

Saturday was opening day for fire arms.
I got lucky and got this within an hour.
guns.gif
buttrock.gif
170 lbs.
318250.jpg

318251.jpg

318252.jpg

And this is what's for supper tonight.
drool.gif

318253.jpg

Shultzie-Very nice....I haven’t looked at my muzzleloader,maybe I’ll have some time for shotgun season in December

Finally saw one big enough to take.
I have been seeing other bucks that were smaller, and had several tines broken off from fighting.

This one was not broken, but had some scars on it's back from fights.
18-1/4" inside spread, 20-1/4" outside, 162 Lbs.

Shultzie,
You got me by 8 Lbs.
err.gif

318703.jpg

Too cold and windy to finish out deer season this evening. The temp is 17 and the wind is blowing 10-15 mph.
I did go this morning with the temp at 7, but no wind until about 9am. That was long enough for me.

Had a decent season anyway, got to watch lots of slick heads eat my corn.
happy.gif

Deer season and the holidays are now over, gotta go back to work tomorrow.
a_weep.gif

Hmmm, at least one nice buck survived the various Wisconsin gun seasons and the bow season so far. Hopefully he survives the rest of the bow season (ends Jan 31st), this winter and doesn't get hit by a car... Photos from a trail camera I have set up in my back yard. I might have to bow hunt here this fall.
happy.gif

319054.jpg

319055.jpg

Notice that his left brow tine is forked. Here's a closeup of his antlers from the new photo and a couple of the same deer back in November.

319057.jpg

319058.jpg

319059.jpg

Got my deer mounted on the wall. I kinda like the plaque. I took a few boards off of an old skid at work and cut them down. I think it gives it a cool rustic look.
happy.gif

319398.jpg

I like how it fits with the weathered planks. Nicely done!

Back