• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Actuator for chute on 451

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Bill Trammell

Nearing day to attach my 451 to the 1440. Found the 451 however it needed a lot of attention as it came from Chicago area and is very rusty. I shall disassemble it next spring for sandblasting and total rebuild. In meantime I am installing it and have a new linear actuator that I will install for raising and lowering the blower.

What I need is an actuator (not hydraulic) that attaches to the chute that will turn and reverse the rotational process for aiming the chute. If anyone knows of a good one for this purpose I would be grateful.

The use of a smaller actuator for raising and lowering the top of chute is simpler and I will do that later on.

Thank you all in advance - the input and suggestions I have gotten here so far is nothing short of "fantastic".
Bill - West Union, Iowa

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
there had been a write-up somewhere "in here".. I think Steve Blunier was the one who did it... maybe?
-or-
maybe one of the "older" guys remembers who did it?

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
I'd be interested in seeing this, too . . .
Me 3...
IMG_20220913_124945.jpg

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Don't laugh too hard boys!
This is pretty crude but it was done on the fly and it worked.
Not sure what this motor came from though but a 3/4" 12 pt. socket fit it perfectly.
Mount is Custom by Cobble Craft and used existing bolts at the front of the right foot pad.

Attachments

• DSCN9698.JPG
    DSCN9698.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9699.JPG
    DSCN9699.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9700.JPG
    DSCN9700.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

rkuik

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Randy Kuik
this is how i did my qa42, i cut a pc of metal to hold the window opener and mount it, connected it directly to the ujoint. made a small double angle strap to put the stich on, spun the knob off the 2nd remote lever so it was right a my thumb to turn either way. it worked good when i was using it.

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts