• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A plce for snow pictures

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
this was about 7 inch's on 12-22/23-13

it was fun to push and I could not decide on just one so Ill make a couple of post..

265851.jpg

265852.jpg

action pics

265853.jpg

265854.jpg

265855.jpg

Frank, shes a good girl, really likes pushing snow.

She just whispered to me that she can out push her brother in the snow...

That is one of her defects that qaulify her for the name Ragady Ann.

She has a wear spot on the end of the crank and I have never had a pto on her, did not plan on having one.
So when one day while messing around I some how broke off the pto engagment handle.

Good eye Frank

JEFF - How long does it take you to clear your drive?

Jeff--First, I must say that my hat is off to you! That is a long drive and fairly deep snow to be pushing out of the way with a blade! Second, it is awesome to see you working out that 169! Love it!

I spent about 40 minutes this morning playing on the 100 and Caleb came out and took these pics for me...

265901.jpg

265902.jpg

265903.jpg

265904.jpg

It is always fun to get some seat time on the Cubs! I plan to primarily use the 100 for a plow tractor in the future but I wanted to use it to do some snowthrower work just for comparison to my hydros. It isn't as efficient as they are time wise but it is still a lot of fun! So for those of you that want to spend more time on your Cubs, maybe a GD is the way to go for snow removal. I think that the creeper is worth its weight in gold if you are going to use your GD Cub for snow throwing/blowing!

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Tom,
hard to believe what a difference 50 mile make

Dennis,
to get it done to my liking (room enough to get a large Truck in easily) it takes about 2 hours for 3 to 4 inchs but I do alot more than what you see in the pictures. and of coures the deeper and heavier the snow the longer it takes.

Josh,
most of the pics where for you..
The 169 has manual lift and no pto, so it gets almost a true 16 horses when pushing snow.

I do enjoy letting her Ragady Ann work...

post a utube link of that 100

I enjoyed him plowing dirt

Sweet 100 and snow flying video ; the plows do move some snow to. I will have to make a video as soon as we get some snow again . great job guys !

Nice snow pictures Jeff!! Need to find a thrower for one of our cubs. Love the pics, you should have thrown them over on the main page, I need the inspiration to find one of these things.

Great looking photo shots guys!

Jeff- no PTO lever? No risk of wearing out a PTO running a blade that way. (No pto helps too.) I see too many people running their CC with no PTO driven implements with their mechanical PTO lever in the "disengaged" position.....

You know you're doing a good job moving snow when the wheels are packed.

Joshua I cannot get over how far that 100 is throwing the snow, can I ask, is that thing stock?

Joel G--To my knowledge it is but I haven't ever actually measured the pulley/sheave size on it. It has been repainted so the inside of the chute is really glossy and about every third time I use it, I give it a dose of silicone spray. I'm happy with how well it works for sure.
buttrock.gif

Sorry no snow pics, but I did have two days of playing with my snow removal equipment. I believe we got about 12" of snow. We did our first work Thursday afternoon and then again Friday morning. Grandson got discouraged because it took awhile to get the diesel started Fri.AM. I believe he got cold, went inside AND NEVER CAME BACK OUT. Neighbor was nice enough to plow between buildings so I just had to do sidewalk and driveways. Then I got cold and went in. I picked up a windbreaker cab for my 126 this fall and kick myself every time I use the snowthrower that I haven't put it on. If it warms up a little when I'm home I will give it a try.

782 earned it's keep today!!!! Cold ride at 9 deg. and falling fast!!!!

There were places that were over the housing extension in my drive and the neighbors......wind blowing too hard to know how much we got, but all of 6" in my book.....

266346.jpg

266347.jpg

266348.jpg

266349.jpg

Steve,
Looks good!
greenthumb.gif

I would say we got every bit of what they were calling for. 10"-12" Then it stared blowing like crazy. Here are just a couple shots.
266359.jpg

266360.jpg

Latest posts

Back