• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A place for random photos,,,with no specific topic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, yes, they sense motion so anything that moves, deer, rabbits, birds, ATVs, people walking and so on will trip them. Even a branch blowing in the wind can set them off if you don't place them properly. Not sure about ghosts though...

The distance varies from camera to camera. With most cameras you can set a wait time between triggers. For example, here's the specs of a camera that I have a couple of. Under "Features" note the Delay Timer. This is a setting where you can have a delay between photos. If you set it to 30 seconds if a group of 10 deer walk by it may only get the first deer or a few deer that are in the field of view then miss the others that walk by during the 30 second delay, then if there are more coming along it will trigger again and get another photo. This camera can also be set to take a "multi-shot" of photos or a burst of photos, in a series of 3 or 6 or 9 photos. It can also take video. I have mine set to take 6 photos then one minutes of video. It's amazing what sometimes shows up during those last few seconds of video. It also will use a LOT of storage space for all those photos and video and it will burn through the batteries a lot faster. If I set it more conservatively to say 3 photos and 30 seconds of video the batteries will last much longer and not fill up the memory card as fast, but then I might miss a bunch of photos of deer, or bear or whatever. For the cameras we have as security we have one camera set to take 3 photos and the other to take 5 photos, no video. But the batteries last for well over six months and we catch the most important stuff.

Here's the specs of the sample camera:

Amcrest ATC-1201 1080P HD Game and Trail Hunting Camera

The Amcrest ATC-1201 camera can be triggered by any movement of game occurring in its 100° wide PIR field: the passive infrared motion sensors work around the clock to capture hi-res photos and HD video whenever game is present. In low ambient light the unit automatically switches to night vision mode, ensuring continuous performance over a stand-by battery life of 3 months. With a 2" LCD sporting an intuitive UI and a tough case with IP54 weatherproofing, this model is both fun to use as well as durable and reliable. The ATC-1201 continues the Amcrest tradition of combining superior product builds, feature-rich designs, and unmatched affordability by including a 1 Year US Warranty guaranteed by Amcrest, making it one of the best values available for a game camera purchase (full list of features and specs provided below).

Features:

Video Resolution: 1080P/720P/WVGA/QVGA
Camera: 12MP/8MP/5MP
Screen: 2" Color LCD
Delay Timer: 5-30sec, 1-30min
Multi-Shot: Single/3/6/9 Pictures
Record Length: 10s/30s/60s/90s
Memory: SD Card (Up to 32GB)
PIR FOV: Wide 100°
Night Vision: Up to 65ft
Imprint: Date/Time, Moon Phase
Periodic Shot: 1sec-24hrs
Stand-by time:3 months
Fix Method: Belt, also Tripod Compatible

Specifications:

ISO: 100/200/400
TV Mode: NTSC, PAL
Passive IR Motion Sensitivity: 3 levels (High/Normal/Low)
Trigger Speed: 0.7sec
File Format: JPEG/AVI
Exposure: Auto
Power Supply:8xAA/4xAA

Includes:

Amcrest ATC-1201 Camera
Wireless Remote
Nylon Fastening Belt
USB Cable
A/V Cable
1 Year US Warranty when Purchased from Amcrest

Amcrest Camera

This Blue Bird showed up on one of my security cameras.

Blue Bird_01.jpg
Blue Bird_02.jpg

Back