• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A place for random photos,,,with no specific topic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped this the other day while unloading at a batch plant set up in a quarry near here for the US RT52 re-paving project..
I hauled about 560 ton of bulk cement to it over the last 2 weeks.
About 200 mile round trip, twice a day.

DSCN7887.JPG

Nice shot, especially with the flag centered at the top. You're fortunate to be able to work right now, at a relatively low risk/exposure job.

Snapped this the other day while unloading at a batch plant set up in a quarry near here for the US RT52 re-paving project..
I hauled about 560 ton of bulk cement to it over the last 2 weeks.
About 200 mile round trip, twice a day.

View attachment 138000
David, thanks for sharing. Nice truck, squared exhaust stacks, l like. On a round trip like that what would your average speed be?
I can imagine two trips per day, plus loading and off-loading and traffic delays, could make into quite a long workday.

58-60 MPH, depending on route of course.
Takes about 5-10 minutes to load
1/2 hr to 45 min to unload usually unless there is a glut of trucks on either end.
Today I am hauling to an airport job in Mt. Pleasant, IA, 1.5 hr run one way.

I just have the old school digital style. I have to pull the SD cards and copy the photos off.

My favorite cameras are the Amcrest model ATC-1201, I have two of them and they take great photos and video. Their quality seems to have gone down hill based on the reviews on Amazon from some of the sellers. I have two of these: Victure cameras that take decent photos and videos when they work. For some reason they just stop taking photos even when the batteries are new. They might work for weeks with no issue . Other times they take a couple of photos and video then stop. I have one of these: Foxelli cameras. It works good but I don't care for the micro SD card, it's hard to insert and remove, especially in cold weather. I use a reverse (aka cross lock) tweezers to swap it out. The bear photos above were taken with the Foxelli camera, the deer photos were taken with the Amcrest.

I also have a Browning camera (don't recall the model but it was around $250) that was purchased in 2012 that has performed flawlessly. It has been running nonstop as a security camera, only powered off to swap out the memory card and replace batteries. It has been mounted inside an enclosure to secure it. I suspect that the extra weather protection has extended its life. Finally I have a Big Game Treestand brand "Eyecon" camera also mounted in an enclosure as a security camera at the cabin since 2012. This one failed at less than a year old but was replaced under warranty and has performed flawlessly since. Both of the trail cameras as security cameras are set to take photos only and the batteries last for well over six months of continuous operation. The cameras that I mentioned in the post above, when set to take photos and video really burn through the batteries. I had a second Eyecon camera that I used for a couple of years at home failed when it became infested with ants! Not sure why the ants decided to set up house inside of it but the camera was damaged beyond repair. The first trail camera that I had was one that my father purchased in the early 2000's. That camera I still have and it still works but the photo resolution is not that great so I no longer use it. It's an early digital Cuddeback camera. It always worked flawlessly and I would consider buying another newer Cuddeback camera but they are expensive.

I have a Browning Recon Force trail camera that has super clear pics and video (model BTC-7FHD). The price was around $120. I have had it for 3+ years, and use it from early Oct. to early March. It stays out in the weather during that time (no protective case). I did purchase a small 12V battery to power it, so I would not have to buy a bunch of AA batteries.
This camera is a full high definition camera and claims pics and videos can be played on a 60+ inch tv/monitor without any distortion. Unfortunately this camera is being outdated for some reason, and is a little difficult to find. As long as you find a full HD Browning camera, you should have something near the same quality.

We need something like that to hide in our local cemetary.
We have a far section that is just mowed, no markers or graves as of yet and it's not even plotted.
Trees and brush on two sides and pasture w/a few trees on the other long side.
Have an awful time w/people tearing the place up w/vehicles doing donuts.
Would a camera like that be of any use to monitor an area that large??

The Browning Recon Force Advantage is available, and has up to an 80 ft. detection range along with a 100 ft. infrared night illumination range. It is "full HD" and has more options than the older one like I have. It does cost a little more at $179. Don't forget, you get sound with those clear videos too.
I always have mine set on video, you see so much more than you would with just a pic.

Back