• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A place for random photos,,,with no specific topic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-

It's amazing that squirrel has survived as long as it has being so conspicuous.

The pileated woodpeckers are a real treat to see and are usually seen in pairs. I think I read that somewhere. I have a pair close by and when I see one the other is always around. They can be quite vocal as well. I've seen them fly across the pasture in front of the house here and that's really a neat thing to witness. Their wingspan is as big if not bigger than a crows.

The pic with both the squirrel and the woodpecker merits being framed.

The wife goes through about 30 pounds of suet every winter feeding the 5 we have come every day! LOL
This is the wimpy male.
323752.jpg

More Pileated woodpecker photos. Saturday there was a steady stream of them visiting my suet feeder. Took a bunch of photos, here's two that show the difference between the male and female. Just in case someone doesn't know, the male has more red on his head.

324378.jpg

324379.jpg

The white squirrel is still hanging around. He/she all but disappears when he/she is on any of the scarce patch of snow.

324381.jpg

324382.jpg

Drifter, that's the name we gave to the white squirrel, was back again today. Cold this morning -2F, but the squirrel didn't seem to mind.

324451.jpg

324452.jpg

324453.jpg

Drifter was back again today. -9° F out when I took the photos.

324523.jpg

324524.jpg

324525.jpg

324526.jpg

My winter home is in Zephyrhills Florida. There's a very popular skydiving business (Skydive City) at the ZH airport; the planes hauling the divers up go on all day long. Most of the time, you can't see them from my park (the other side of town) until they open the parachutes. On this day, this group (I never checked on who, where from, etc)was doing some formation work from almost the time they left the plane. I'd watched them for two or three minutes (just dots in the sky) and finally went in the house and got my new pocket camera - a Sony HX99 that has a 700 mm equivalent telephoto reach and as with a lot of Sony cameras, has image stabilization. These pics were all hand held and are cropped from larger jpgs. To the naked eye, these were not much more than dots...

324733.jpg

324734.jpg

324735.jpg

324736.jpg

324737.jpg

324738.jpg

324739.jpg

324740.jpg

324741.jpg

324742.jpg

324743.jpg

324744.jpg

324745.jpg

324746.jpg

324747.jpg

The guy to the right was apparently directing the stackup..

Gerry, nice! That's something you don't see every day, well you might, but not me.

Sigh... and so it continues. Well maybe, they've been wrong before.

325175.jpg

325176.jpg

OK, this is way off topic and a long shot, so I figured I'd stick it here.
Can anyone tell me who this artist is? This is a painting that was my grandmother's and I don't know what to do with it.
325998.jpg

325999.jpg

Shultzie send an email to MN Marine Art Museum in Winona MN they are well versed in marine paintings.

Had a visitor this evening. I happened to glance out the window and spotted a black bear. The photos are not that great as I took them through the windows and screens.

Bear_Apr 29-20_01.jpg
Bear_Apr 29-20_02.jpg
Bear_Apr 29-20_03.jpg
Bear_Apr 29-20_04.jpg

Lets see if this link works... Here's a link to a video of the bear that passed through my yard yesterday evening.

Video link

Very cool! We see bears up at my in-laws place in Ely MN somewhat often but rarely, if ever, that close!

This picture was taken across the "ball field", an open field of cleared trees about the size of a small baseball field. The mama bear would use the big tree in the middle there to teach the cubs to climb, I think. Unfortunately, that tree along with many other large old trees were lost to a windstorm a couple of years ago.
IMG_20170422_161425_174.jpg

Back