• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A place for random photos,,,with no specific topic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool picture taken by track photographer of my son during motocross race.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

315901.jpg

Thanks Marlin.

He just so happened to be wearing his red, white, and blue jersey that day...

Jason: Trees grow up and out.
happy.gif

On second look, what type tree is that and what's the blue tag?

Jason-

So what now???

Are you forced to sacrifice the tree? I hope not.

Fill us in on the plans here.

317314.jpg

317315.jpg

317316.jpg

Son said he hit a "pot hole" and his car started driving "funny" and making a weird vibration noise,,,

So upon further investigation I noticed the engine was riding on the steering rack,,,

All 4 Engine Mount Support Bolts broke,,,
Now I gotta get the remaining broken studs outta the engine block!!!
bash.gif

Tree Hugger!!!
thumbsup.gif

Yep this one instance I don't want to add a bunch of wheel weights to the 149 and yank the root ball outta the ground,
err.gif

Some kinda "oak",??,,.,?!!!??,,?!?,,?

317323.jpg

317324.jpg

317325.jpg

Yeah, Rebuild Wall and give it some Room!
thumbsup.gif

Can't give it to much room or 149 will be Trapped in the garage,,,
deadat30.gif

317326.jpg

Seeing how I can only get 2 & 1/2 fingers, (not including thumb) in between Engine and Frame,,,

The conventional drill, heli-coil, extractor, EZ out, etc, etc, etc, is not an option without pulling Engine,,,,

Soooooooooo,,,

317338.jpg

317339.jpg

317340.jpg

317341.jpg

317342.jpg

317343.jpg

Got into the meat of the engine casting just a bit, but I'm sure whoever purchases the car when son is done with it won't mind,,,
err.gif

1 Out, 3 to go!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Jason-

What kind of torque does one put on an aluminum bolt... a footpound or two???

I'm sure there are specs (out the wazzoo).

Wayne-

Support arm to engine: 38 Nm, 28 lbs

Also most ALL the Specs I've read so far on the aluminum hardware Quote:

Product Details

"These bolts are "Torque To Yield" meaning once you install them, you won't be reusing them safely as they have stretched and won't return to starting length."

correct%20police.gif

Jason,

It appears to be a chestnut oak.
The roots will begin to raise up your asphalt next, and then your house foundation.
thumbsdown.gif

Hey Marty-

Awesome Tractor Day pics!!!
happy.gif

Sweet,,,

Oh yeah, also looks like you Nailed It,,, everything we've looked up so far confirms chestnut oak!!!

And as far as the uplifting of foundation and bulging driveway me and momma went down to our favorite Thinking Spot and consulted w/ Mr Turkey,,,

317357.jpg

All options and consequences considered we have decided to go w/ the tree huggers!!!

Thanks for the info,
thumbsup.gif

Jason - if you ever do cut it down, save that large burl for someone that does wood-turning. Could make some nice bowls out of that.

Jason-

Think of it like this...if the tree has to come down someday there will be enough wood to supply brand new furniture for the whole house.

And I agree about the burls. They should always be saved for wood working.

The bad news is the tree has nothing else to do but grow. And it doesn't care that your house is right there. It probably has an attitude like "I was here first!".

Latest posts

Back