• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A cub cadet video you may enjoy!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstetar

displayname
Matt (Diesel Creek)
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I used to frequent the forums here quite regularly, I don't get to tinker with the little yellow Iron as much as id like anymore but sometimes a stray still follows me home. Anyhow I'm a YouTube creator now ( I make videos) and recently picked up a barn fresh 129 just to save from the crusher, made a video and figured all the fine folks here would enjoy it. If you got the time and would like to check it out here is the link (Cub 129 Video! ) Its my hope with videos like this to get more young people into cubs or mechanical work in general to help save the old iron. We all know they don't build them like this any more!

Moderator if this thred need moved please do so!
Thanks! I miss it here!

That's Awesome!

Didn't know one of my go-to youtube content creators was a Cub guy :errrr:

I'll definitely enjoy this!

Matt - I really enjoyed your video. Long time since I've been there done that. Great stuff.

Matt, welcome back! Nice job on saving that 129 and nice video documenting the save.
IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE-SMALL.jpg

Matt, I've been a subscriber of your YouTube Channel for a while, love your channel. When you said you had 30 or so of the IHCC's over the years I was going to comment and ask you if you were a forum member. Now i know!!!

Kenny, here's Matt's profile page from the old forum. (Yes, I used to save some of the forum members profile pages, although this is a recent screen capture of the old forum archive. Initially I was just saving the photo(s) from the profile page, then later was saving the entire page.)

Matt Stetar1.JPG

ok someone please take them drills away from him lol .... kids these days lol

besides that not bad... good to see the ole girl back up and running..
dang seat is in great shape.. wow thats not rite lol.. everyone i pick up. dang seat is toast lol .. lucky guy lol

Matt - ok, now that we got thru the compliments, including mine, I've got a couple questions.
Early in your video you talked about the engine pan mounting bolts, and eventually noted that 2 were missing. You also commented about the threads in the pan being destroyed from the axle hitting on the loose bolts. Later when you re-mount the engine you just skip thru this issue/question. Were the threads fine or did you do something about them?
And 2nd question - early in your video you remove the little side panels that support the gas tank mounts. Your video never shows you replacing them. Did you re-install them? Without them the gas tank twists side to side, the mounts get distorted and the hood usually bangs on the tank when closing, etc.

Great Video, Thank you for taking your time to create them, coming from Australia i don't get the chance to see any where i come from apart from the one i lucky came across.

Great video Matt!! Do you have any 147’s in your collection? I grew up with that model and would like to find one to restore on use regularly. Thanks again, it was fun to watch

Boy, did I learn a lot!!

Hey, what is that neat device you used to remove the mouse urine damage from the bearing plate? Seemed like it was attached to a drill?

Beltrack I think your thinking about a needle scaler. I recently bought an inexpensive one. Mine is air powered. Got to be careful as I understand they are used more on tough metal like car frames. Great for knocking off rust. Not that we have much rust in Maine.

Back