• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

A 2082 followed me

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joligschlaeger

displayname
Joe Oligschlaeger
I was scanning CL the other day came upon a 2082
with the big blade, ag tires, chains, weights, not running, plastic is toast and other miscellaneous items for the price of weights and chains,,,,so I headed out in the cold rain, sleet, snow, and more rain and the main thing I wanted was the blade for other SCT. I had a good day.

Joe, nice! Any photos!
happy.gif
If they are too big to post send them to me and I'll get them posted for you. My email is in my profile.

I'll try pic's today as I will be starting to scrap the plastic covers. It's screwed together so much I can't get my arms down in it (like todays cars)to work or check anything. My sight is straight line and no longer can see thru anything.
I tried the other day but was shoot'n blanks.

Will 682 tin fit on the this Mattel toy?

82 tin.......not without some work to the dash tower......I started that on a 2182, but passed it on to someone else....

Steve, I went to your thread and that is what I want to do, except using a 1282 Kohler.
What problem(s) did you encounter using the 682 tin? I have the complete tin available, as with the tower, steering, etc., mainly interested in a longer operator space to contend with my prosperous years.
I had thought about and started a separate longer frame then this 2082 emerged and here I am, more CC's

I would extend or otherwise adapt the 2082 steering column, and use the entire front end, sheetmetal, and dash from the 1282. You can either mod the dash for the 2082 hydraulic valve, or get an 82 series one and swap it that in. The latter is probably cheaper and easier, particularly if the 2082 does not have front hydraulic outlets.

Your swap will be easy, the radiator of the 2182 was a big issue, but on an air cooled, no big deal. swap over everything you need from the 1282 and lengthen the 2082 column. find an 82 series hyd. valve....the cyclops valves are junk.

Joe, is that a belly blade setting behind the 2082? Did that come with the 2082?

Kraig, Thanks for posting those photos for me!

Yes, it is a belly blade from a different honey hole, and with a minor change it will be going on my 1200.

Latest posts

Back