• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

882 wire harness

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Got a problem w/the harness on the 882
Was wondering if anyone has purchased and used a new re-pro unit from <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. Any problems w/install etc?

Tail lights shorted out and pretty much messed up things. Everything still works though, except for the lights. Wires, terminals and switch are toast.

Sure hate the thought of ripping it all apart so may just wire up a new homemade lights only harness.
Any thoughts?

Wire the lights separate and forget about it.......

Yes, what Steve said.. those dead shorts are not worth fighting. fix it right be separating the wiring for lights, less headaches

That's what I figured.
Mod is well under way at this point while waiting on a new water pump.
Should be in today, I hope!
Gotta get ready to PLOW one night this month, guess where!!

Mike,
Corey M. will be at Bluniers.....time to start working him over for it BC III
Last I knew he was game for 2017 and the crop rotation was right to allow it.

BTW, 1" closed cell foam pipe insulation (Menards <$10) is a perfect replacement for the upper hose insulation wrap!!!

Dave,
I know guys have bought a radiator hose for a Kubota RTV. Same shape with a "bell" on the end. Cut off the bell and the hose pretty much matches the OEM. Maybe the number Charlie posted is that hose?

Under edit: Yep, did some checking and the number Charlie gave is the RTV hose.
thumbsup.gif

Dave,
Unfortunately, no, not gonna make it this year. I've got to work.......
destroy.gif

Make sure to take some pics for us less fortunates..............

Dave,
Got your email. My email's being goofy. I can receive them, but not reply. Gotta figure out what's up with that. Anywho, I should be around. Email me your # and I can call/text you if ya want. Dang email......Grrrrrr.....

Well the new rad hose is on the 882 and it's filled w/fresh antifreeze.
So, I guess we are ready to rock, roll and plow!!

Thanks for the tip on the number for the hose Guys!
It fit like a glove once the excess was cut off the bell end!

Joe, I have no idea what it's intended use is for but it sure does the trick for my Cub..
Charlie posted the Kubota #K7311-85150 below.
I'm sure a Kubota dealer w/the correct books could tell you what it's supposed to fit.

Maybe the site could use a cross reference thread for NLA Cub and cross reference parts that will fit. Perhaps a "sub-section" of the manuals thread or something similar.

I keep a file on each of my Cubs and make notes like that along w/service history, ser#'s, repairs done and when, ETC.

Dave,
Glad to hear it worked. I, myself have never used one. But now, I have an alternative if one of mine spring a leak. Now we just have to figure out a replacement for the lower hose without cobbling something together.......

Back