• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
My nephew surprised my dad last week by having his dad paint the 856 I grew up using... not too bad. It's still my favorite...
FB_IMG_1602939452098.jpg

In the discussions on the Red Power forum that happen from time to time about which IH was best, the 856 wins more than any other model, with the 1256 & 1456 coming in right behind it.
I really like it when they are kept up nice and shiny red! Like that one.

In the discussions on the Red Power forum that happen from time to time about which IH was best, the 856 wins more than any other model, with the 1256 & 1456 coming in right behind it.
I really like it when they are kept up nice and shiny red! Like that one.
Yes, my main reason was that this was the tractor I probably spent the most time on. Dad has a 1256 as well (got it after I'd married) and a 560 that we've had since we started farming in 76...

...and where, may I ask, did you get the lights. Looking to upgrade my 30 year old Ford tractor.

Just a bit of trivia - Hiniker Cab was located in Mankato MN. There was also a small park in Mankato called Hiniker pond. Great place to go hang out as a young adult on weekends during the summer months.

I'm thinking it's an EXCEL cab by the frt lights. IH used a similar version of that cab for their Delux cab on the 56 series for several years.

The only cab we ever had was a Koehn Tractor cab, (pronounced cane) on a '57 FARMALL 450, a rectangular fiberglass tub for the top, light thin wall tubing for the frame the flexible lexan windows slid up into the roof, two small strips of steel 1/8" x 1/2" formed grooves the lexan slid up in. In late fall and winter a white canvas enclosure closed off the bottom and channeled engine heat from around the engine back into the cab. Compared tocsome of the 1960's vintage steel cabs the Koehn cab was really quiet. If you pulled the engine too hard the engine heated up and you got too warm, and had to open a window. It was a good place to work in late fall and early spring, or clearing snow in winter. Neighbor had an almost identical cab on a D-19 Allis. After 2 years the 450 was replaced with a '63 4010-D, the cab spent two years on the 4010. There's a video of almost the identical Koehn cab on an IH 656 running a snow blower on the Internet somewhere, I've seen it on the Red Power website a couple times.

Back