• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

82 series front weight bracket

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhangartner

displayname
Jason W Hangartner
Thought I would post a couple pics of the front weight bracket I am making for my 782. I am going to cut the bottom part of the old Mule drive off after I get the front piece welded on.

I've been using my 782 with a box blade and the nose of it gets light enough sometimes that it does not turn very well. I am going to add 120lbs on the front.

More pics wtih the weights installed after I get it done.

68879.jpg

68880.jpg

That's a pretty good idea. I like that second rod to give it more stability and support.

I agree. The second rod adds alot of weight bearing piece of mind. Also the holes in the frame were already there so I figured I might as well use them.

I modeled it after a CCC factory weight bracket that I found but did not buy because the price was too high. It had locking pins that screwed into the same holes on each side. The solid bar fits just fine. It does rub slightly on the spring for the keeper arm but should be OK.

Jason, nice job! When you get it all done please post more photos!!!
bouncy.gif

Here are some pics of the bracket finished except for paint. I built it spcifically for the weights which were from an automotive parts rack.

I was originally going to use a rod with pins to keep the weights on. Now I think I will bolt them as they have more swing and wobble than I like.

This also makes a heavy duty front bumper. If I had it to do again I would make it a little shorter and not stick out so far in the front. However the bracket is plenty strong and it is the way it will stay.

I'll post a couple more pics after I get the paint on.

68942.jpg

68943.jpg

68944.jpg

on a semi-related note here is a so so picture of the box blade I am using. I made it from a Brinly 42" rear scraper blade.

68947.jpg

Jason, thanks. Very nice job! I like how you modified the rear blade.
thumbsup.gif

It'll look really good with fresh paint. I've been trying to get ahold of a front weight bracket myself. You've given me some ideas. Are those freehand weights on the rear tires?

The weights I use on the rear are just like the ones on the box blade. I just transfer them back and forth depending how much weight I need on the blade at the time.

I have 2 cross braces and a 1" threaded rod in the center of the rear wheels which I can hang whatever weights I want on at the time. The tires are loaded as well.

This rig should plow awesome now.
ihrotate.gif

Jason - looks better than factory ! Great job...
thumbsup.gif

I wish I still had the $100,000 front weight I used on the old 7 hp M-F.. It was the "linear actuator" (think very large speaker magnet)out of a mainframe disk drive . It weighed about 75 lbs, had a four bolt base and a replacement cost of a hundred grand. Field engineer "gifted" me one that launched the etched glass calibration rod through the side of the drive when something in the power supply shorted and forced a full speed head retract. Bonus feature was that if you hung it close enough to the ground, it'd pick up nails and screws too..
lol.gif

Thank You for all of the compliments. This mini project was fun and easy. Now if I could just find all of the parts to build a Cat 0 plow.

Back